Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I love the way Weigel's supports our team. And their marketing is always solid. Some of the tweets are really funny. Just wanted to give them a nod.

TBH, you'd never know from their twitter and ad campaigns that they were a local business. Whoever is behind their marketing and PR is that good. Then again, we are home to some talented people. My bestie from HS has directed super bowl ads and Cas Walker might've been the finest pitchman the world's never heard of so it's not like we don't have home grown talent.

I don’t see how the OL could be such a concern. Miami transfer locked down LT early in fall practice over last year’s starting LT platoon. One of those guys will be starting RT. Spraggins and Mays both have tons of experience. Surely one guy on the roster is serviceable at LG.
Last season our fans (with VQ’s enabling) were “concerned” about the OL, WRs outside of Tillman and all of our RBs (not a SEC level in the lot). And of course the entire defense. The D repped in certain areas they’d been horrid at the previous season, like QB containment and run defense. We’re all aware of their deficiencies in pass defense, but most big plays weren’t the result of being nowhere close to the receiver…but wrapping up. We have a two season sample size and there’s been considerable improvement from the previous year…every year. Riding that until it’s proven a faulty ride.

Finish with two of Ross/Okoye/Fountain, Wingo, and Seaton/Navarro and that’s an amazing class.

Maybe get a transfer DT.

feels like this will be close to reality if not exactly how we end up. Would not be surprised to see a HS DT target emerge this season either. Couple kids already on our radar.

August 15, 1969

Woodstock Music Festival begins in Bethel, New York...............

epic_slider.jpg
Now there's unique and fun culture, why people keep going back to that time in music.

Know when festivals died off? The 80s through late 90s. 😎😁🤮

Milton took a few sacks vs Clemson because he didn’t run when he should have. He could even throw it away but just held on too long. It can improve but definitely a concern.
Always has been his biggest concern and, according to recent scrimmages, still is. Going to have to drill into his head a clock and know when to go into fight of flight mode.

Reactions: Jack Burton
LG is obviously unsettled. Expected Mincey to have RT on lockdown. Not sure if he’s working at LT because of lack of depth or because no one is solidly winning the RT job.

Unfortunately there are some "people" involved that are making that situation messier than it needs to be. He is best at RT. Our best OL has him at RT. In the NFL, LT's get the bigger paychecks. "People" are involved pushing an agenda that is complicating the situation. Hopefully he comes around and puts his heart into doing what is not only best for our offense but also best for him. Embrace being a RT.

I’m going to bet between the second scrimmage and Virginia there will be reports of the OL “coming together” and “making progress”.

To this point the coaches have been trying different combinations, but after the next scrimmage they’ll turn to Week 1 prep and have a more settled rotation, which will lead to continuity.
Also believe this.

We will progress. Maybe not at the same level as last year, due to less raw talent, but this staff has proven themselves.

I miss OzzFest:cool:

Dang, you're a cool guy Peay. Did he swallow any bat heads?

Ozz started about the same as Bonnaroo and Coachella. Big revival years in the late 90s for sure, which led to the current state of being in the Golden Era. Also saw their last time out their secondary HL was Prophets of Rage. Nice lineup.

Reactions: peaygolf

Ozz started about the same as Bonnaroo and Coachella. Big revival years in the late 90s for sure. Also saw their last time out their secondary HL was Prophets of Rage. Nice lineup.
Got to see Marilyn Manson one year…..Velvet Revolver another.

Always a solid lineup

Ozz started about the same as Bonnaroo and Coachella. Big revival years in the late 90s for sure. Also saw their last time out their secondary HL was Prophets of Rage. Nice lineup.
I watched a documentary on Ozzy on Hulu 😂 Ozzfest was a response to not getting on the Lallapalooza lineup and Sharon was like ‘F you’ and Ozzfest was born 😂

Reactions: peaygolf and KptVFL
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back