Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lmao. And now Lolla is thousands of 16 year olds running around unattended 😅

Good choice, Ozzy.

Lollapalooza was more alternative and grunge oriented back then anyway. Ozzie would've been as out of place there as he would've been at Lilith Fair. Not a knock on Ozzie but early on those festivals were a different crowd. Ozzie would've brought in classic metal heads which probably would've felt out of place at a 90s Lollapalooza. Not all of his fans were from the generation that knew both.

ETA: To be fair tho, the moment Metallica played Lollapalooza the whole structure fell apart. If Sharon was mad about that year then she was right to be mad.

Last edited:
Pocket presence (presents) needs game snaps to perfect. Nothing focuses the mind like that knowledge that opposing pass rushers are coming with bad intent. It's an obvious question for UGA's QB position. Carson Beck has 58 career pass attempts in his three seasons at Georgia. He may know the offense very well, but I'm skeptical when it comes to his current ability to mentally process under game pressure.

I've been seeing you guys occasionally debate if/when Heupel would pull Milton if he struggled, so I took a look at his game pass attempts compared to Hooker (who set the standard I imagine
you're hoping for). HH had more attempts at VT than Milton has in his college career to date (316 vs 296). HH also had more attempts in both the 2021 and 2022 seasons than Milton has in his college career to date (303 and 329 respectively, vs 296). I'm sure Milton's processing speed has improved with a full offseason as QB1, but it also wouldn't be surprising if he continues to process faster as the 2023 season progresses. I obviously know nothing about Heupel's intent, but my guess is he'll give Milton every opportunity to climb that live action learning curve.

Agree and I think our schedule sets up pretty well for his development. Florida on the road will be tough, but I’m pretty confident Florida is looking at a down year. Our first real tough game should be A&M.

Now there's unique and fun culture, why people keep going back to that time in music.

Know when festivals died off? The 80s through late 90s. 😎😁🤮
I guess I imagined Live Aid (between London and DC 160,000+ people) and Farm Aid (80,000 people) in 1985...not to mention Jazzfest in New Orleans, which was founded in the 60s, but exploded in the 1980s; along with Lollapalooza (1991), Warped Tour (1995), Ozzfest (1996), Woodstock again (1994; although, 20,000 people showed up in 1989 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of original), Beale St Music Fest/Memphis In May (founded in 1977...exploded and doubled in mid-90s), Lilith Fair (1997-1999..."died off" in 2000)...

Again, I could go on...

Last edited:
Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Unfortunately there are some "people" involved that are making that situation messier than it needs to be. He is best at RT. Our best OL has him at RT. In the NFL, LT's get the bigger paychecks. "People" are involved pushing an agenda that is complicating the situation. Hopefully he comes around and puts his heart into doing what is not only best for our offense but also best for him. Embrace being a RT.
If you’re better than others at a position it evens out. Michael McGlinchey got a slightly better free agent haul at RT than Orlando Brown did at RT.

Reactions: knoxvol52
I guess I imagined Live Aid (between London and DC 160,000+ people) and Farm Aid (80,000 people) in 1985...not to mention Jazzfest in New Orleans, which was founded in the 60s, but exploded in the 1980s; along with Lollapalooza (1991), Warped Tour (1995), Ozzfest (1996), Woodstock again (1994; although, 20,000 people showed up in 1989 to celebrate the 20th anniversary of original), Beale St Music Fest/Memphis In May (founded in 1977...exploded and doubled in mid-90s), Lilith Fair (1997-1999..."died off" in 2000)...

Again, I could go on...
Live Aid was huge.

Again, I could go on...
80k+ festivals are a dozen a year now.

Yes they had a couple during the down cultural years, but nowhere near the volume or global impact of the ones before and after. Few and far between. More one-offs than part of the regular culture.

Warped Tour, Ozzfest and on I already agree with. The late (mid somewhat?) 90s did kick things back into gear, in a big way!

Yeah...because we had more sense than to wallow in piss and 💩 for days on end.
Yes, because that is what happens at concerts lol and here I thought you were an outdoorsman 😅

Fr though, the one with real sanitary issues was the 94 or 96 or whatever one. That was well known. By then it was greedy corp folks trying to string budgets and a wilder young pack, not the hippies from before. The 90s woodstocks were pretty disastrous I'd agree. Too many punks and rage, not enough peace and love. Would not have wanted to attend those sh**shows. Lot of bad stories came out of those sadly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back