Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
AP saying on the pod today that it means nothing to lead for a kid in the spring and that you can lead for 99% of the time but every thing can change at the last moment.

Obviously true but I don’t think he realizes that basically tells people there’s no reason to pay for recruiting info.

Gehrig played 2,164 games as a yankee compare to 2084 games for Ruth…In those games Ruth beat Gehrig in runs, RBIs, BA, OBP, ops, ops+, slug %….. Ruth also hit 659 homeruns compared to 493 for Gehrig. Gehrig did lead in hits, 2Bs, and 3Bs but also had 800 more ABs due to more games played and pitchers avoiding pitching to Ruth.
Yes. True. Ruth’s numbers are legend.
Please understand I’m not trying to diminish Ruth. I’m a fan.

This is more about my romanticization of Gehrig. And my adoration - I think he’s the greatest all time as is.

He was the model of consistency. He posted every day - until he got sick.

I’m admittedly weighing heavily what his numbers would have been. And also they way he went about it - the man, the teammate, the captain.

It’s just my opinion.

Feels like the jump to the Big 10 is going to be a rough one for the LA schools. I don't think they will be successful for a few seasons. Same goes for OK and Texas to the SEC. They may regret the jump wins-wise.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Feels like the jump to the Big 10 is going to be a rough one for the LA schools. I don't think they will be successful for a few seasons. Same goes for OK and Texas to the SEC. They may regret the jump wins-wise.
Competition is slightly better and there’s another dynamic with the weather in those late season games that maybe wasn’t there as much.

Minnesota and Wisconsin in Nov will be fun. 😂

Last edited:
AP saying on the pod today that it means nothing to lead for a kid in the spring and that you can lead for 99% of the time but every thing can change at the last moment.

Obviously true but I don’t think he realizes that basically tells people there’s no reason to pay for recruiting info.
If you’re paying in the hopes of getting 100% factual recruiting information you’ll always be disappointed with your investment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back