Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
3/5 are back and that much better than last season.

I am not counting them out. The progression of the OL last year was really amazing. Their performance in the PITT game was far from great but good enough to win. After that game, I didn't expect the OL to be as good as they turned out. The good news is the OL coach has a great track record. It would be nice if LG wasn't a question mark though.

I am not counting them out. The progression of the OL last year was really amazing. Their performance in the PITT game was far from great but good enough to win. After that game, I didn't expect the OL to be as good as they turned out. The good news is the OL coach has a great track record. It would be nice if LG was a question mark though.
I understand the reasoning behind the Concern Johns. I just fail to believe this staff hasn’t identified, signed and developed 2-3 viable OL talents in 3 offseasons.

I am not counting them out. The progression of the OL last year was really amazing. Their performance in the PITT game was far from great but good enough to win. After that game, I didn't expect the OL to be as good as they turned out. The good news is the OL coach has a great track record. It would be nice if LG wasn't a question mark though.
I’ll add another caveat that applies to the whole team. They’ve started relatively slow at the beginning of seasons and are revved up by the 4th or 5th game. If we don’t put up 70 on both Virginia and Peay, that won’t necessarily mean the OL is failing…especially if Cooper sits them out.

If I'm going BVS mode the two games I worry about are A&M (because it's right before Bama and after a bye week for us) and @ Kentucky because it's after the Bama road game.

I think we'll be up for a game in the Swamp and I think we'll be ready for South Carolina coming to Neyland after how badly we played there last season. The other games @ Bama and vs Georgia are going to be huge no matter what.

Florida is it for me

If we win, it will be a 1-point win with us deflecting a Hail Mary into the endzone as time expires....

That place is a house of horrors and many Tennessee teams that were better than Florida have gone down there to lose. 2015 and 2017 games are still fresh in my mind...

I’ll add another caveat that applies to the whole team. They’ve started relatively slow at the beginning of seasons and are revved up by the 4th or 5th game. If we don’t put up 70 on both Virginia and Peay, that won’t necessarily mean the OL is failing…especially if Cooper sits them out.
It is better to go fast!

@Glitch

Yeah, and ESPN fahred heeem. I'd rather hear him with Brad Nessler on CBS than Danielson just to hear him say "Mama, there goes that man!" six or seven times a game. :D
Yeah I don't understand why ESPN fired their best tandem on pro ball, hard enough to watch but Jackson and Van Gundy knew what they were talking about..

Someone asked on Swain Event this morning who would be the starter, and Swain said without hesitation that it’s Wright, and that he’s “ballin’”.
We’ve got some quality backs. Small is consistent, Wright is bigger and faster.. Sampson is also a home run threat and more dependable as he naturally puts on size. Freshman look solid too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back