Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom!! Taking the number one recruit in the state of Alabama is like beating them a second time!

And, this is my 1,000th post!

I lurked for several years and then finally created an account and started participating during Brady Hoke's limited reign. I stayed primarily on this board with a few comments on the bourbon board.
But I've been a Vol fan for decades and an alumni for almost 20 years.

This place has been a tremendous escape during the day and great connection to my beloved University and team even though I haven't been able to make it back for a game since Dooley's first year. Over half a dozen opportunities to return fell through at the last minute (frustratingly), though I did get to watch the game here in Charlotte against WVU.

I tend to limit my posting to avoid getting into chat board arguments and bumped to the politics thread. Being disconnected and having no information of my own to share, I try to opine on team or provide a humourous quip.
But I have immensely enjoyed this community. I've enjoyed cheering with you while watching a game, praying with you when troubles have befallen you, championing yours and your family's successes and have really appreciated all of the Vol information you bring to share.

At the rate of my posting, by the time I reach 2000 posts, the Vols will have at least two football National Championships, Three Baseball World Series victories and one March Madness Championship under our belts.
The future looks bright! Thanks for letting me stay a part of it.
Go Vols!

15-0!

TLDR: Love most of you morans, the rest I'll see at Waffle House. And Go Vols!!
šŸ§”šŸ§”šŸ§”

Is she in high school or a trade school?

If she is going into the construction field she should try to get on a job site to look at how everything goes together. If she is going into a mechanical field, old engines and machinery for her to take apart. AutoCad is a tool, her brain and the understanding of how things are put together is what will set her apart from others in the field. Too many want to learn AutoCad strictly because it's an office job and they don't know how anything works. People that understand the assembly tend to do extremely well in this field.

3D modelling is the future. I would recommend she find someone that will teach her Tekla and then she should learn programming as well. It isn't a cheap program and if she can find someone to show her how to effectively use while they pay her, she can pretty much name her price in about 5 years.
Thanks for the info. This is at a local community college. She has an uncle who is an architect who can probably get her exposure in the field.

Last edited:
Chuck Webb. Our greatest RB ever imo -- so far!!!
Maybe, Charlie Garner was special, too. But, Jamal was next level, add his NFL accomplishments and it's over. Don't forget about the Ring, injuries got Jamal, also
Damn, I almost forgot about Henry, Stephens, Cobb, Little Man, Bryson, Graham and Hayden. We could/should have been RBU in the late 80's -90's
You're right: It's a "high grade problem" that there are so many to consider. And Webb is difficult to compare because he really only had one year before his injury, and he was never the same after. It'll be interesting to see what people think.

I think Wright is going to be fire this year. And think about Sampson and Cam!

200w.gif

Weā€™re 11 days away from kickoff of the 2023 Volunteer football season and I am caught up again.

This is concerning on many levels. There used to be so many posts that I had trouble keeping up or even within a week or so of being behind. Are yā€™all becoming complacent about our newfound football quality?

I admit that I became very complacent during the Fulmer years. I expected to win almost every game and really got down on the coaches when they didnā€™t win every single game. It was the wrong attitude for sure.

I subsequently learned a valuable but miserable lesson in the k/d/b/p coaching debacle years. I will never be complacent about our team and their performance again!

Thatā€™s why I am solidly in the

15-0 šŸ¤ 

Camp. Iā€™m realistic about that not actually happening (about 1% of doubt maximum). Iā€™m 99+% optimistic about the chances of us running the table this year.
Come on VN post more and feel better!
Remember, this is our last year with the opportunity to go

15-0 šŸ¤ 

Weā€™re 11 days away from kickoff of the 2023 Volunteer football season and I am caught up again.

This is concerning on many levels. There used to be so many posts that I had trouble keeping up or even within a week or so of being behind. Are yā€™all becoming complacent about our newfound football quality?

I admit that I became very complacent during the Fulmer years. I expected to win almost every game and really got down on the coaches when they didnā€™t win every single game. It was the wrong attitude for sure.

I subsequently learned a valuable but miserable lesson in the k/d/b/p coaching debacle years. I will never be complacent about our team and their performance again!

Thatā€™s why I am solidly in the

15-0 šŸ¤ 

Camp. Iā€™m realistic about that not actually happening (about 1% of doubt maximum). Iā€™m 99+% optimistic about the chances of us running the table this year.
Come on VN post more and feel better!
Remember, this is our last year with the opportunity to go

15-0 šŸ¤ 
I'm with you undefeated 15-0 and Heupel lifts the Trophy!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back