Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Boom!! Taking the number one recruit in the state of Alabama is like beating them a second time!

And, this is my 1,000th post!

I lurked for several years and then finally created an account and started participating during Brady Hoke's limited reign. I stayed primarily on this board with a few comments on the bourbon board.
But I've been a Vol fan for decades and an alumni for almost 20 years.

This place has been a tremendous escape during the day and great connection to my beloved University and team even though I haven't been able to make it back for a game since Dooley's first year. Over half a dozen opportunities to return fell through at the last minute (frustratingly), though I did get to watch the game here in Charlotte against WVU.

I tend to limit my posting to avoid getting into chat board arguments and bumped to the politics thread. Being disconnected and having no information of my own to share, I try to opine on team or provide a humourous quip.
But I have immensely enjoyed this community. I've enjoyed cheering with you while watching a game, praying with you when troubles have befallen you, championing yours and your family's successes and have really appreciated all of the Vol information you bring to share.

At the rate of my posting, by the time I reach 2000 posts, the Vols will have at least two football National Championships, Three Baseball World Series victories and one March Madness Championship under our belts.
The future looks bright! Thanks for letting me stay a part of it.
Go Vols!

15-0!

TLDR: Love most of you morans, the rest I'll see at Waffle House. And Go Vols!!
🧡😊

For all my fellow guitar players out there. If you play acoustic you need to try these strings. WOW. The tone is unreal with these things.

View attachment 571254
I had a guitar with a redwood top built by Tom Doerr that I tried different sets of strings on and landed on the aluminum bronze. Gave it the note separation I wanted. Haven't liked them as much on spruce topped acoustics, so I'm mostly using D'addario XS.

I learned first on a T square, then parallel bar, then drafting machine. When I started my business AutoCad was way more than I could afford. Ended up buying a cheap cad program from OfficeMax for $15. Ended up purchasing TurboCad a d have been using it ever since. My son is working in the business now and he's using Fusion 360. That's what he was taught to use in the engineering school at UT.
There are a lot of good systems out there now. My favorite was a house program called Chief Architect. The modeling aspect of it was amazing. Some of these programs are so cheap they are hard to pass up.

I had a guitar with a redwood top built by Tom Doerr that I tried different sets of strings on and landed on the aluminum bronze. Gave it the note separation I wanted. Haven't liked them as much on spruce topped acoustics, so I'm mostly using D'addario XS.

I have never played a redwood top guitar. Would love to.

Just once this year, I want to see Milton do "The Longest Yard" play where you throw it as hard as you can into the blitzers nether region.

In the original, it was the blitzer, in the remake, a crooked ref. Either one would work for me.

tenor.gif
There never should have been a remake.

I have never played a redwood top guitar. Would love to.
There's a lot of bad redwood guitars out there...plenty of Taylors with redwood that sound muffled. Mass manufacturing doesn't tend to make good redwood guitars. A good luthier like Tom Doerr (RIP) that has a ton of experience building with redwood and voicing redwood tops can make incredible guitars with redwood.
20170704_103319_1499179064806_resized.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back