Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, the blocked kick against Alabama in 2009. Which is Kiffin adjacent in a way.

Bama fans act like it's on their Mount Rushmore of greatest plays of all time, and it was nothing more than Lane Kiffin throwing his kicker under the bus to improve his stock.

"I would have beat Bama if our kicker would have made that kick."

Well he couldn't make that kick. And everyone knew it because he'd already been blocked. There were like 5 guys that would have blocked that kick if Cody didn't.

It was a terrible, self-serving call by a coach that was only interested in improving his position personally, not coaching to win.

So whenever I see/hear Bama fans act like it was this miraculous play and moment for their program, I just shake my head.
Why did you expect him to do? It was a 44 yard field goal. College kickers should make that. It was absolutely the right call. We would have lost our minds if he throws up a Hail Mary instead of kicking it.

Really need to see some growth from the secondary this season. So much depth there, no excuse not to take a big jump there imo
If the secondary doesn't do a lot better this season (barring an extensive injury situation), it would not surprise me for the DB coaching staff to get shook up...or rather it would surprise me more if it didn't.

I don't know what to expect out of WM...opinions of his coaching ability are all over the map...which is weird considering how long he has been at this, and all sides(good, bad, meh) make some good points, but it just confuses me...is he a good coach or not?

I still don't know...🤷‍♂️

Utep looks like Houston.
Peay's new alternate helmet. Gov script is pretty sweet.

F11FecpWIAAdch6

If the Florida schedule detailed above is accurate, an O/U of 5.5 wins for Florida is the greatest gift ever to college football gamblers. I don't see any chance in hell of them scratching 6 wins out of that schedule.
That's next years schedule, not this year's.

Why did you expect him to do? It was a 44 yard field goal. College kickers should make that. It was absolutely the right call. We would have lost our minds if he throws up a Hail Mary instead of kicking it.

With 25 seconds left, he sat on it with the last two plays. I was at the game. Hardesty lost a yard on first down, and then I don't remember the type of pass that went incomplete. But Kiffin made a comment after the game that he figured there would be a mysterious holding penalty against us if he was aggressive. That was an interesting comment in its own right. But, Lincoln missed a 47 yarder and had a 43 yarder blocked earlier in the game. We needed to try to get 8-10 more yards.

When we talk about greatest Tennessee Vols RBs...it always shocks me how so many forget Webb.

He is the greatest Vol RB to me, just ahead of Jamal...but I would have loved to see what Webb and Lewis could have done with a full career.

For those that wonder why I put Chuck 1st...Jamal was a big, fast and powerful runner, but Chuck was big, fast, powerful and silky smooth.

You just had to have seen him...there is no doubt in my mind he would have won the Heisman if not for that stupid injury.

When we talk about greatest Tennessee Vols RBs...it always shocks me how so many forget Webb.

He is the greatest Vol RB to me, just ahead of Jamal...but I would have loved to see what Webb and Lewis could have done with a full career.

For those that wonder why I put Chuck 1st...Jamal was a big, fast and powerful runner, but Chuck was big, fast, powerful and silky smooth.

You just had to have seen him...there is no doubt in my mind he would have won the Heisman if not for that stupid injury.
Most talented back in UT history........Period. End of discussion.

He is hands down the best running back ever at Tennessee. His combination of size, strength and quickness is unparalleled. He would have broken a ton of records if he didn’t go down in the opener against pacific. Heck in that game he had almost 100 yards in 3 carries. He would have ran over 300 that day no doubt.GBO!

This made me think of Butch Jones sending Medley to kick the FG on the road at Florida in 2015. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Medley had no chance of making that. He even had 2 chances to. He should have run the hail mary like he did against Georgia in 2016.

Reactions: BigSteve09
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back