Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This made me think of Butch Jones sending Medley to kick the FG on the road at Florida in 2015. Hindsight is always 20/20 but Medley had no chance of making that. He even had 2 chances to. He should have run the hail mary like he did against Georgia in 2016.
I don’t know…it ALMOST hit.

You're right: It's a "high grade problem" that there are so many to consider. And Webb is difficult to compare because he really only had one year before his injury, and he was never the same after. It'll be interesting to see what people think.

I think Wright is going to be fire this year. And think about Sampson and Cam!

I kind of feel the same way about Lewis as I do Webb. We only got about 1 good season out of him as he didn't start until a few games into his Freshman year and then got injured part way into his Sophomore year. He then didn't look anything like himself as a Junior. He only averaged 4.5 ypc that season (Henry was 6.3 ypc the same season).

Lewis obviously recovered in the NFL but as far as quality college play his sample size was about the same as Webb's.

So many good backs from the 80s and 90s but I do think Webb was the most electric with a pre-injury Lewis and Garner right behind him.

I'm excited about our backfield this year. I felt like Small was banged up all last year and was still solid but he should be better this year. Wright looks good and there's lots of young talent too.

Well, we obviously can't have a Banks sort of situation, but I'm not sure the extent of what happened, if it did happen. Let's just trust Elarbee and Heup to sort this out for the moment. D-mn, it's disappointing to hear.
Nothing for sure “happened” at this point. Emotional game.

Tennessee can do a lot of damage to Florida for the next few years if they embarrass Florida in the swamp this season.
I know a few Gator fans. Their main talking points are

“Peyton never beat Florida” and
“we don’t think of you as rivals because you never win”

I CANNOT wait for them to hate us again

He is hands down the best running back ever at Tennessee. His combination of size, strength and quickness is unparalleled. He would have broken a ton of records if he didn’t go down in the opener against pacific. Heck in that game he had almost 100 yards in 3 carries. He would have ran over 300 that day no doubt.GBO!
I try to tell young'uns...but they just don't know...tape does not do him justice. I always thought that if he could just develop a good stiff arm, then he would have been one of the greatest ever...anywhere.

Caught up on the Recruiting Forum Off-Topic thread? Lot of discussions get moved over there…never to be seen again. 😏

Scared that I would get caught in the gravity vortex there, and never get out.
Same with the FF only there, it’s a Mad Max kinda situation for sane folks…even if you make it out alive, your sanity is likely gone forever.

I will just stay here where it’s safe (relatively) 😎

And of course 15-0 🤠

When we talk about greatest Tennessee Vols RBs...it always shocks me how so many forget Webb.

He is the greatest Vol RB to me, just ahead of Jamal...but I would have loved to see what Webb and Lewis could have done with a full career.

For those that wonder why I put Chuck 1st...Jamal was a big, fast and powerful runner, but Chuck was big, fast, powerful and silky smooth.

You just had to have seen him...there is no doubt in my mind he would have won the Heisman if not for that stupid injury.
Instinctive, natural runner who didn’t lose a millisecond of speed when making cuts. Always wished medical technology was as advanced as it was in Jamal Lewis’s time.

I kind of feel the same way about Lewis as I do Webb. We only got about 1 good season out of him as he didn't start until a few games into his Freshman year and then got injured part way into his Sophomore year. He then didn't look anything like himself as a Junior. He only averaged 4.5 ypc that season (Henry was 6.3 ypc the same season).

Lewis obviously recovered in the NFL but as far as quality college play his sample size was about the same as Webb's.

So many good backs from the 80s and 90s but I do think Webb was the most electric with a pre-injury Lewis and Garner right behind him.

I'm excited about our backfield this year. I felt like Small was banged up all last year and was still solid but he should be better this year. Wright looks good and there's lots of young talent too.
Jamal Lewis was playing his junior year with a shoulder so screwed up that it subluxed (partially dislocated) whenever he got hit. It was amazing he played at all that year.

Arion Carter makes On3's All-Freshman Team
IMG_3349-1024x538.jpeg

He's gonna be a good one. Can't wait to see it all unfold.

Instinctive, natural runner who didn’t lose a millisecond of speed when making cuts. Always wished medical technology was as advanced as it was in Jamal Lewis’s time.
I was young and pretty hammered when it happened...I think my eyes might have leaked a little, I was completely devastated...I was so jacked up to see him destroy the SEC that year, and then it was over in a second.

So if Mincey did walk out of a meeting yesterday, what is he going to do? He can’t transfer and play meaningful football anywhere a week before games start. And he surely won’t sit out the year…he’s not good enough to do that and then get drafted.

If he is mad then he can have a semester to cool off and hopefully take advantage of the opportunity that will most certainly come his way during the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back