Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sad story!

"The victim, who was hit and killed by a car that ran off the road in Knoxville on Monday, has been identified.

Ben Kredich, 24, was struck and killed by an “impaired motorist” Monday in Knoxville while walking near the University of Tennessee campus according to a statement from UT. He is the son of Tennessee Director of Swimming & Diving Matt Kredich. In addition, he had participated in UT FUTURE, a college program for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities which allows them to attend UT Knoxville and learn to live independently."

https://www.wate.com/news/knox-coun...ile-walking-on-knoxville-sidewalk-identified/

Sad story!

"The victim, who was hit and killed by a car that ran off the road in Knoxville on Monday, has been identified.

Ben Kredich, 24, was struck and killed by an “impaired motorist” Monday in Knoxville while walking near the University of Tennessee campus according to a statement from UT. He is the son of Tennessee Director of Swimming & Diving Matt Kredich. In addition, he had participated in UT FUTURE, a college program for students with intellectual and developmental disabilities which allows them to attend UT Knoxville and learn to live independently."

https://www.wate.com/news/knox-coun...ile-walking-on-knoxville-sidewalk-identified/

Just ridiculous the damage that some irresponsible, 'out of control' people visit on other innocents.

"Officers discovered that Walker had been previously treated by AMR around 1:55 p.m. after he was found unresponsive in his vehicle. The arrest report reads that AMR administered Narcan and he was then taken to a local hospital. He was discharged around 4:20 p.m. according to court records."

So if Mincey did walk out of a meeting yesterday, what is he going to do? He can’t transfer and play meaningful football anywhere a week before games start. And he surely won’t sit out the year…he’s not good enough to do that and then get drafted.

If he is mad then he can have a semester to cool off and hopefully take advantage of the opportunity that will most certainly come his way during the season.
He’s got eligibility and wasn’t considered highly draftable. I think he’ll write it off and get back out there.

Jamal Lewis was playing his junior year with a shoulder so screwed up that it subluxed (partially dislocated) whenever he got hit. It was amazing he played at all that year.

Thanks. I remember him not looking right and had a vague memory of him being injured but couldn't recall the specifics.

Im going to finish

I'm going to finish the whole thing so I can properly fuel my hatred in anticipation for our trip to the swamp ass.

It was a little jarring how much PTSD it brought up
It supposedly softsoaps the worst of Urban (hence his cooperation), but introduces a fresh, unaddressed mess with players physically assaulting others who didn’t finish sets. Might be blown out of proportion, but it’ll get discussed.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I try to tell young'uns...but they just don't know...tape does not do him justice. I always thought that if he could just develop a good stiff arm, then he would have been one of the greatest ever...anywhere.
Cobb was the best but Johnnie Jones was no scrub in his day just saying....

I kind of feel the same way about Lewis as I do Webb. We only got about 1 good season out of him as he didn't start until a few games into his Freshman year and then got injured part way into his Sophomore year. He then didn't look anything like himself as a Junior. He only averaged 4.5 ypc that season (Henry was 6.3 ypc the same season).

Lewis obviously recovered in the NFL but as far as quality college play his sample size was about the same as Webb's.

So many good backs from the 80s and 90s but I do think Webb was the most electric with a pre-injury Lewis and Garner right behind him.

I'm excited about our backfield this year. I felt like Small was banged up all last year and was still solid but he should be better this year. Wright looks good and there's lots of young talent too.
Lewis is my close number 2.

But like you, I am pumped about the future. I have always been a big fan of Jabari's and seeing him healthy will be a treat. And I think Wright is going to absolutely go off! And then there's DSamp, Cam, and Keith. Looking good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back