Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cobb was the best but Johnnie Jones was no scrub in his day just saying....
Webb...not Cobb. There is no way you saw those two play next to each other and think Reggie was as elite a runner as Chuck...and JJ was great, but he was no CW either.

Look Chuck Webb was in the elite of elites in all of CFB as a runner, so that is no knock on all the other greats we have had.

Jamal was the only other Vol RB that was in that club.

Webb...not Cobb. There is no way you saw those two play next to each other and think Reggie was as elite a runner as Chuck...and JJ was great, but he was no CW either.

Look Chuck Webb was in the elite of elites in all of CFB as a runner, so that is no knock on all the other greats we have had.

Jamal was the only other Vol RB that was in that club.
😔😔😔😔😔😔😔😔

Honestly, the blocked kick against Alabama in 2009. Which is Kiffin adjacent in a way.

Bama fans act like it's on their Mount Rushmore of greatest plays of all time, and it was nothing more than Lane Kiffin throwing his kicker under the bus to improve his stock.

"I would have beat Bama if our kicker would have made that kick."

Well he couldn't make that kick. And everyone knew it because he'd already been blocked. There were like 5 guys that would have blocked that kick if Cody didn't.

It was a terrible, self-serving call by a coach that was only interested in improving his position personally, not coaching to win.

So whenever I see/hear Bama fans act like it was this miraculous play and moment for their program, I just shake my head.
Kicker screwed us. Coming from a former kicker. Miss one, it happens. Miss more than one and game decided by a field goal or less, you blew it.

Can we call them USC-Midwest now?
They are and always will be USC. Blue blood program. No need for directionals.

And thus why the school in Columbia is USCjr...or call them USC East if you like. But there's USC and then there's a wannabe punk a** low rent program that deserves the postscript...

From a player on the team. I guess elarbee had the room vote for who should start and Crawford got the spot over Mincey and it pissed him off

Not doubting your source, but do we really think a coach with Elarbee's level of experience is going to let the players decide who plays with a vote? Seems off.

It’s true. Tennessee is currently the leader for these three:
rs-12048-theedge-624-1375819415.jpg

20230818_SD_Edge--cf2f33700eb39d544fadca98f05aafe3.jpg

TheEdgeposter.jpg

From a player on the team. I guess elarbee had the room vote for who should start and Crawford got the spot over Mincey and it pissed him off
I claim neither intelligence or wisdom but having the players vote seems like a poor decision to me. That's what coaches are for and seems like it's a recipe for rifts.

Have no doubt Cobb was great and no need for a debate, but Kamara...I mean...dang. So terribly used, but is he our most successful NFL RB? Lewis was great too, but AK put on the jets the moment he stepped into the league.

Reactions: orangebloodgmc
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back