Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
'Trading Places" is also a Classic.:)

it-was-the-dukes-billy-ray-valentine.gif

His best movie, IMO.

I would have thought TBA was worth more than $2 million a year.
I assume the logic is that Food City gets some cut from ticket sales plus the advertising bonus? Tennessee doesn't have to foot the bill for renovations that are sorely needed and out of budget.

Reactions: Brillovol
You were so on point... until that last sentence

6700 enrolled in the class of 2027 out of 50K applicants, but UTK acceptance rates for freshmen arriving this month is 68.4%

Acceptance rate plummets by nearly 30% in most competitive year in UT history

1) I’m giving the information I was told.
2) Your article is from March.
3) 68.4% was 2022’s number.

“According to material presented to the Board of Trustees on Friday, the in-state acceptance rate in 2022 was 71.2% and the out-of-state acceptance rate was 67.2%. The overall acceptance rate in 2022 was 68.4%.

Though the final figure for this year's acceptance rate has not been released and more acceptances may be issued for those who applied after the regular admissions deadline, the acceptance rate plummeted by nearly 30% in one year, according to figures from the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.

The 2023 acceptance rate, which is likely to be around 40%, places UT closer in line with SEC peers like the University of Georgia and the University of Florida.”

I would have thought TBA was worth more than $2 million a year.

I am not in marketing, but I would guess keeping TBA in the first part of the name brings down the value. Naming it Food City Arena would most likely go for more, but UT isn't willing to do that. I am also speculating that current sponsorship deals also might have affected some of it. Food City is already a sponsor of UT sports.

WTF???? Piggly Wiggly field? Do these people even think about what they are doing? There will be so many jokes that write themselves on this. SMH. They really should do a "naming contest" to ensure stupid names are left out. sheesh. I live in Baltimore and when they renamed Ravens Stadium to PSInet stadium, it was constantly called "P!$$ynet stadium. Money really does make people blind and deaf to common sense. /end rant.
giphy.gif

was in Blacksburg for work, today. Drove past Lane Stadium. First off, beautiful campus. Could be stunning. Makes me thankful for UT bulldozing stuff and building new. Old facades need updating massively at VPI.

Lane looks like a Comm College stadium with stairs.IMG_3460.jpeg
IMG_3461.jpeg
Virginia Polytechnic Institute of Cows and Grass Growing.

I loved the gothic architecture however the athletic and newer areas are kept up 70's/80's.

Last edited:
Moving my oldest into his dorm last weekend, I thought about Fountain's mom calling Tennessee "bottom of the barrel" academically. :rolleyes::mad:

Here's the statistics from the newest freshman class...

Average GPA: 4.04-4.46
Average ACT: 26-31
Average SAT: 1240-1400

6,700 students were accepted out of around 50,000 applicants.

meh,

seems a skosh on the high end.

looks like Vandy admission levels.

At least its basketball. When it happens to football I will be devastated. (Its coming for every school) MONEY MONEY MONEY its never enough
Live! from Knee Land Orthopedics™ and Stadium Store stadium...
In Nike uniforms
And competing with Wilson footballs
A Disney Production...
Featuring the University of Tennessee
Sponsored by xxx
vs. (original Latin preposition courtesy of Chef Boyardee)
The University of Alabama
Sponsored by Alpo dogfood
Officiating proudly sponsored by Birmingham Power

I see where you're going with this.

Miami would have skull drugged us in 2001. In 1998 we were 32nd in total offense. In 99 we were 33rd. In 98 we were 17th in scoring offense and in 99 we were 20th. We didn’t fall off a cliff without Cut in 99.
Idk about skull-dragging us. You talking about the way they skull-drug Boston College (18-7) or Virginia Tech (26-24)?? Both finished 8-4 on the season.

Maybe, maybe not. We were about the only team that could have matched up with them athletically and speed wise. I don't necessarily disagree that they may have beaten us; but, "skull-dragging" is, as you like to say, conjecture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back