Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Grundy County, Tennessee - Never let your car out of your sight
Lived there most of my life and never had a single thing stolen from me. However, in the 3 years I lived in Nashville, I had a truck broken into, a car stolen and used in an armed robbery, which I had to pay to get back, a truck stolen, and 2 other cars broke into.

Moving my oldest into his dorm last weekend, I thought about Fountain's mom calling Tennessee "bottom of the barrel" academically. :rolleyes::mad:

Here's the statistics from the newest freshman class...

Average GPA: 4.04-4.46
Average ACT: 26-31
Average SAT: 1240-1400

6,700 students were accepted out of around 50,000 applicants.
Yeah and she can’t spell so not sure why she is talking.

WTF???? Piggly Wiggly field? Do these people even think about what they are doing? There will be so many jokes that write themselves on this. SMH. They really should do a "naming contest" to ensure stupid names are left out. sheesh. I live in Baltimore and when they renamed Ravens Stadium to PSInet stadium, it was constantly called "P!$$ynet stadium. Money really does make people blind and deaf to common sense. /end rant.
You know that’s a fake account right? You took the bait

SAS this guy drugged then raped. Apparently he recorded everything. JC PD executed a SW for felon in possession of a firearm, as well as investigation into this fall.

The computers were seized and sat in storage for 2 years. Mwanwhile it took an off duty WCU to arrest tiis mfer.

She doesnt remember. The fact she is alive is amazing.

Woman who fell from downtown building still seeking answers two years later

btw there are some damn good attorneys next door and across the street. Hope she is well represented. And compensated.

I used to own the top floor of that building. Pretty sure I've been in the 5th floor suite, but don't think this guy was around then. The freight elevator in that building was old school and pretty dodgy...maybe somebody could arrange to drop that dude down the elevator shaft.

WTF???? Piggly Wiggly field? Do these people even think about what they are doing? There will be so many jokes that write themselves on this. SMH. They really should do a "naming contest" to ensure stupid names are left out. sheesh. I live in Baltimore and when they renamed Ravens Stadium to PSInet stadium, it was constantly called "P!$$ynet stadium. Money really does make people blind and deaf to common sense. /end rant.
blunder-princess-bride-you-fool.gif

Moving my oldest into his dorm last weekend, I thought about Fountain's mom calling Tennessee "bottom of the barrel" academically. :rolleyes::mad:

dea7512d-9d2f-4fd6-8968-4709fe8f7de7_text.gif

Lived there most of my life and never had a single thing stolen from me. However, in the 3 years I lived in Nashville, I had a truck broken into, a car stolen and used in an armed robbery, which I had to pay to get back, a truck stolen, and 2 other cars broke into.
I was at a little league football game up there a few years back and I locked my keys in my car. I took out my wallet and wedged the door with it and took a wire and popped the lock in a few seconds. An older man came up to me and asked if I was from around there. I said no I lived down the mountain. He said, "Well you do that good enough to be from around here."

gotword-deeznuts.gif

Alabama has no QB this year whose afraid of Jalen Milroe or Ty Simpson🤨🤨 that game should go into the win column for the Good Guys... Also unless the Soccer Mom playing QB for Georgia shows he can play the position against high level opponents the Good Guys will come away with victory at home over Georgia. The rest of the schedule are very winnable games SEC Championship is coming this Season for the Volunteers..... Then Heupel hoists 2 Trophies one for SEC and another for National Championship..... Bring on the season!!!!!

You've been in @VolsDoc81TX's stash.

nice-south-park.gif

How is the average a range? The average should be one number...
only thing I can think of is how things are weighting.

My high school GPA stopped at 4.0, but UT made adjustments up to that. Same with ACT, I know UT "super scores" that, where they take you best score on each category and average that over how ever many ACTs you take.

So it may be a case of an average showing both reported, and how UT weights those reported numbers.

or it could just be an range for some reason.

Reactions: SycloneJoe
It does seem that Nashville has a major crime problem. The wife got Car Jacked there when doing 'home care' nursing. Won't be doing that again up there. Another nurse was killed when hit by a car running from the police.

You were so on point... until that last sentence

6700 enrolled in the class of 2027 out of 50K applicants, but UTK acceptance rates for freshmen arriving this month is 68.4%

Acceptance rate plummets by nearly 30% in most competitive year in UT history

Reactions: VolByLaw
So Vols pulled a Kentucky and named Thompson-Boling the "Food City Center" and Will Levis got a lifetime contract with Hellman Mayo.

A very prominent figure in that delegation, and important to history of Washington and Greene Counties - as founder of Washington College & Tusculum College.

Samuel Doak

Doak, Samuel | Tennessee Encyclopedia

There is a graveyard on grounds of Washington College, with some gravestones marked from pre 1795, when the School was founded. Although I believe it to be earlier, 1786.

Always stories growing up about Samuel Doak still walking about posthumously. True stories are that the school was used in both revolutionary and civil wars as a hospital.
I played Washington College Academy in baseball, their field was a cow pasture.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back