Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
This Worthy kid at Texas needs to come here and become Hyatt 2.0. He has all the speed. Just needs to hit the jug machine all offseason under the guidance of Pope.

@Enki_Amenra and others - this is why I hate betting on sports. I had Malik Davis as part of my single game parlay.

O/U for Malik Davis tonight was 39.5 yds. He hit 39, and didn’t see the field again. They played Zeke late in a meaningless game. Really annoying.

Reactions: Enki_Amenra
In the portal, look for Tennessee to host Dont’e Thornton in early next week around the 4th. He has been talking to the Vols a good bit the last week. The Miami Hurricanes are also interested in Thornton but he has a strong appreciation for the top offense in college football and we believe he prefers Rocky Top in our opinion.

Miami transfer offensive tackle John Campbell is also supposed to be in town around the 4th. Campbell is a longtime friend of Joe Milton and there lies the tie to the Vols. Tennessee needs more help on the tackle front and the veteran would provide a real anchor on the edge of the offensive line.

South Carolina transfer Marshawn Lloyd is supposed to be coming to Knoxville next weekend. Southern Cal has expressed interest in him along with Maryland and Georgia. The real question is the interest from Georgia. Based off people we have spoken with, the interest varies. Lloyd is someone that has potential to make the running back room better but landing him in our opinion could cause others in the room to look around.

Arizona State transfer Omarr Norman Lott continues to have good dialogue with Rodney Garner. We could see him visiting next week as the Vols look to add continued depth along the defensive line.

North Texas tight end Jake Roberts isn’t scheduled to visit and as of late Thursday night, we aren’t sure that will happen.
-VQ

He looked pretty good, considering everyone else on the team looked terrible. The RB looked alright sometimes. The wrs looked terrible. Drops everywhere. The OL was non-existent.

This surprised me. Dobbs put it on them a lot. Almost like the receivers didn’t expect the ball to reach them.

Been at the ER with my husband all day. He had another episode last night where he can’t remember the day or events. Last night he couldn’t remember if he turned on the shower or got in, nothing about Christmas or that our son was in rehab. Then he had a seizure on me this morning. Lots of tests but we’re not able to do an MRI to see if there were mini strokes. Everything was fine except his sugar dropped really low while there. Doctor’s appointment next week. Y’all be praying please.
Praying in Jesus name.

Yeah Dobbs with Henry would be a far better situation, but just hoping Dobbs has a good enough showing they ditch Malik
I doubt they ditch Malik. He's a cheap backup you don't have to overpay for....... Unless you think you can get something out of him but I'm not sure who wants to take on a multi year project.

Need to find a #1 CB in the portal. That's a hard ask for a freshman to come in and be that lockdown guy.

Terrance Brooks for Texas playing pretty well in this bowl game. True freshman but wasn't a day 1 starter.

There isn't any Sauce Gardners in the college football right now. Need a solid cover corner and a freshman could be the answer. I do think we take a corner in the portal tho.

Last edited:

Thornton: Yes
Campbell: No
Lloyd: Yes & No
Lott: I'm fine with it, don't really NEED help on the DL, imo
Roberts: Yes, but no visit or anything sucks

See if we can find a better OT, but honestly, I wouldn't be mad at Campbell. Don't need Lloyd, would be a nice get, rather use the spot elsewhere though.

Hoping a DB portal guy is on one of these New Years bowl teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back