Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dabo had a miserable game. Gameplan was poor, body language was awful, and he didn’t manage the game well in any respect.

His best call was going for two, and Hadden kind of made that a no-brainer.
I still would like to know what Hadden did. The penalty should have been on Klubnik for taunting. I didn’t even see Hadden anywhere in the pic from where the flag was thrown.

They will prob keep rankings exactly the same no matter what just to spite us and rob us one final time.
I could see the top 4 remaining in the top 4 in some order. They did make the playoffs. Hopefully Kansas State pulls the upset over Bama today. By all rights, we should be ahead of Bama even without that, we did beat them, but if that happens, we should move up to #5.

I still would like to know what Hadden did. The penalty should have been on Klubnik for taunting. I didn’t even see Hadden anywhere in the pic from where the flag was thrown.
When the flag flew, I thought it was on their QB as well. But officiating was a bit skewed, so I should have realized they had called us for something.

A great season is over...........

What are the chances of putting a pin in the "ESPN hates UT" narrative? At least until the "Way too early 2023 projections" come out. :oops:;)

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Currentlly rewatching the game. I now see why CJH was so upset with the refs and got the unsportsman like penalty. After Small's first down run, we quickly went to the line. The ref then held the ball (standing right in front of our center with the ball in his hand) for a full 8 seconds before he put it down for play. Game clock 6:29 to 6:21. Inexcusable.
The refs tried to do EVERY SINGLE THING possible to help Clemson win. 9 penalties to 3, and they held our DL all night long! We were still hands down the better team.

Dec. 31, 1966
JACKSONVILLE, Fla. —

Tennessee won its second consecutive bowl game under the tutelage of Doug Dickey, defeating Syracuse 18-12 in a game in which each team dominated one half. Despite an early fumble that gave Syracuse favorable field position, the Vols got field goals from Gary Wright in the first and second quarters to lead 6-0. Another field goal appeared to be in the offing in the second period at the Syracuse 24, but the Vols caught Syracuse by surprise and quarterback Dewey Warren hit tight end Austin Denney instead for the touchdown and a 12-0 lead. Bill Young’s interception led to the third Vol score, which came on a 2-yard strike from Warren to flanker Richmond Flowers. Syracuse, led by the running of future pro stars Floyd Little and Larry Csonka, scored on its first possession of the second half. They lost the ball on downs at the Vol 3 later in the period and scored their final touchdown with 46 seconds left.

SCORING SUMMARY
TENN — Wright 36 FG
TENN — Wright 38 FG
TENN — Denney 24 pass from Warren (Pass failed)
TENN — Flowers 2 pass from Warren (Kick failed)
SYR — Csonka 8 run (Kick failed)
SYR — Little 3 run (Run failed)

635548549001100143-66GatorBowl-01.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back