Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish I could snap my fingers and skip towards spring/fall ball.
I feel you there.

shoot, just let me relive the Bama game again for the first time. Maybe that's what heaven is like 🤔 all your favorite memories to relive over and over again. That's my heaven anyway. Kicking Bama's azz every day and seeing my wife finally enjoy Vol football the way I have for many years. That was the coolest thing to see, honestly.

Another thing pissing me off even more upon watching the game again..

They(broadcast and studio crews)keep going on and on and on about Clemson racking up yards in the middle of the field and not one damn time does anybody involved with this broadcast point out the absolute proven known fact that it is the Tennessee defenses MO to let that happen....we literally played our "Bend but do not break" defense to near perfection last night...Clemson was literally hitting a wall every damn drive once they got down to the 20-30 yard line area...it was very enlightening to see Banks philosophy work, what he wants to do when it is executed to the best degree.

Considering the normal lethality of our offense it is not a bad philosophy no matter how frustrating it is to see.

Let them run up and down the field, give them FGs if they want and don't give up cheap TDs...it really sucks when the defense breaks down and they don't tighten up in the RZ, or when they miss tackles/bust assignments and give up easy TDs...but when it is executed to a high degree it is extremely frustrating to opposing offenses.

I get it.

If you ever needed more proof that these announcing crews suck at their job...then you got all you wanted last night. Those guys are blind fools.

I don’t know that it’s our philosophy to LET them march down the field into our territory as much as it is a result of the way we pressure the QB. On their end of the field, there is a lot of real estate for the receivers to get open so pressure is less effective. But when in the RZ, the field is shorter for the receivers and time is limited, so the same pressure we bring results in incomplete passes and sacks and tackles.

It’s just what this particular Vols team was built for, we had better pass rushers than we were at coverage. So maybe next year we don’t send backers a ton on first and second down.

But to your point that’s the way Indy built those Manning-led Colts’ teams. They knew they would typically be ahead early in games pressuring other team to throw it, so they spent coin on Freeney and Mathis. But also, it’s not other teams chose not to spend money on pass rushers. I’m rambling.

Sat next to a Clemson fan. He got mad about 10 minutes into the game at me for saying one of the DPI calls was BS. He was salty all night long. So glad we won.
Must've been a brutal reality check for them to realize their participation trophy for winning the worst P5 conference (by a good bit) still means they'd maybe be 4th or 5th in the SEC 🤣

Greg hates when Tennessee does well, every call against us he said was a good call, every call that should have been called for us he said great non call. I can’t stand him.
If so, he does a good job of being professional. I think he's always been very fair and complimentary towards us. But he also went through the period of Bama-UT where they mostly felt pity towards us. That period is over. We'll see how he handles the new world order.

I feel you there.

shoot, just let me relive the Bama game again for the first time. Maybe that's what heaven is like 🤔 all your favorite memories to relive over and over again. That's my heaven anyway. Kicking Bama's azz every day and seeing my wife finally enjoy Vol football the way I have for many years. That was the coolest thing to see, honestly.

Yes, it’s so heart warming to see my 16 and 10 year old daughters, who have grown up faithfully wearing UT gear, getting to actually see a Vols team that lives up to all the stories I have told them over the years

Must've been a brutal reality check for them to realize their participation trophy for winning the worst P5 conference (by a good bit) still means they'd maybe be 4th or 5th in the SEC 🤣
Honestly............
take out UT, UGA, and Bama this year.......................the SEC is not very good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back