Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
My best response to all of the dawg fans I will unfortunately have to interact with is "I didn't watch the game" and then drop in something about the excitement of the current basketball season.

I live down here. It’s terrible. I’ve been telling all of them that my college football season ended Friday night with Tennessee’s beat down of Clemson. And then - like you - I try to get them to talk basketball. That’s always fun.

it was a meh-ment to me. Cant stand OSU, cant stand UGA.

UGA is gonna do what it does no matter. So, what's another title?
Nah we need them to take a small step backwards like Bama has….. it’s already happening to a degree…. They will still get a top rated classes but they are losing more of their top choices than before…. It would also be nice if they would lose their offensive coordinator… a NC helps keep them at the top.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I live down here. It’s terrible. I’ve been telling all of them that my college football season ended Friday night with Tennessee’s beat down of Clemson. And then - like you - I try to get them to talk basketball. That’s always fun.

UGA being garbage at basketball for its entire existence is one of the great mysteries of college sports.

OSU managed to out-choke Georgia in the 4th quarter.

I'm not so sure the final will be a blowout. We all collectively thought Michigan would dominate TCU. Just like they dominated the Buckeyes in Columbus. Maybe TCU has one last game of magic up their sleeves and maybe UGA plays down to their competition again.

Nah we need them to take a small step backwards like Bama has….. it’s already happening to a degree…. They will still get a top rated classes but they are losing more of their top choices than before…. It would also be nice if they would lose their offensive coordinator… a NC helps keep them at the top.
Didn’t bama finish with the number one class?

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
That pattern could be a result of our secondary???
Could also be a result of them loving the challenge of going against the #1 offense in the nation and knowing they would have to keep up. Young was phenomenal running to escape pressure only to fling it to someone who finally got open. Bennett was insulted that Tennessee had been moved ahead of GA. Rattler had never played that well even against teams SC should have ran over. All 3 have the ability. Let’s not act like they were the backup to the backups.

I’m so fortunate to not know any GA fans.

I’m going to go with the transitive properties on these games and say that TCU beats UGA by multiple scores 😬

Michigan blasted OSU @ OSU
TCU beats Michigan
UGA barely escapes OSU

Horny techno toads or whatever they call themselves are national champions. This is the way.

I’m joking, though I will say TCU has impressed me. I think they can hang with them but we will see.

I’m so fortunate to not know any GA fans.

Despite being in a family of entirely diehard UT fans, one of my cousins decided as a kid to be a UGA fan. He’s not from there and has no ties to the school or state. Doesn’t make any sense and makes his passion for them that much more annoying.

Didn’t bama finish with the number one class?
Bama and Georgia will always be top 3-5 in recruiting rankings but they are starting to not get their first choices…. Since Georgia started getting dominate then Alabama has become more beatable than a few years ago….. Add in Miami, Florida, Tennessee, and Auburn getting some of their first choices…. It increases the likelihood that other teams can beat them…Bama fought extremely hard to get Ation Carter and lost him to us…. I think we will keep winning more and more of those battles.

OSU managed to out-choke Georgia in the 4th quarter.

I'm not so sure the final will be a blowout. We all collectively thought Michigan would dominate TCU. Just like they dominated the Buckeyes in Columbus. Maybe TCU has one last game of magic up their sleeves and maybe UGA plays down to their competition again.

It comes down to how the officials let the secondary play. If they get a couple early defensive holding/PI calls, TCU could put some points up.

Could also be a result of them loving the challenge of going against the #1 offense in the nation and knowing they would have to keep up. Young was phenomenal running to escape pressure only to fling it to someone who finally got open. Bennett was insulted that Tennessee had been moved ahead of GA. Rattler had never played that well even against teams SC should have ran over. All 3 have the ability. Let’s not act like they were the backup to the backups.
In this scenario, that seems to suggest they were more motivated than we were.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back