Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
i can’t blame you even tho I said go fields
Yeah man, it was a very close decision. i got burned earlier in the year when I chose a favorable Fields matchup over Burrow and so I’m a little snake bit. Fields looking good so far so we will see.

Reactions: mrMet
It sure as hell was improved if you are a UGA fan...that freak play won the game for them. Losing Harrison on top of their other big weapon losses earlier was the straw that broke OSUs offenses back...they didn't have anybody left physical enough to deal with UGAs grabby physical secondary. It totally shut them down.

Worked a charm last year too, when Bama's best two WRs went down.

I'm all for football remaining a contact sport, but the arguments about player safety are stupid. It's a better sport when quality players aren't getting hurt, whether the other team or us. We complained bitterly about the Akron guys injuring our guys...but I bet they just say "that's football bro". It was also football in the 70s, but half of those guys don't remember their own name now. Yeah...great for the sport.

I completely agree on the Milton take, but what did you see the second time that you originally missed? Or was it just confirming what you thought?
I think watching it live, we didn't have the ball very much and we did punt, what 7 times?

Upon rewatch... He was incredibly efficient even in drives we didn't finish.

He needs to learn how to get some touch on some throws and not to hold the ball so long..... Be more decisive in the qb run game.

But overall... He made some great throws on some really good reads and his deep ball is getting better.

There's a lot to work with, with him and I'm very hopeful about his future here.

This is good, from Sonny Dykes:

I asked TCU head coach Sonny Dykes how he made a roster, in his first year as coach, that is threatening to shift how we view talent in college football and what it means about accomplishing the ultimate goal.

“In today’s college football world, it is a lot different assembling a team than it used to be,” Dykes said. “You used to rely on signing the recruiting class, you redshirted the class if your program is good enough to do that, so all the programs that were good historically had an advantage because they didn’t have to play freshmen. Those teams went to bowl games, got those 15 extra practices and got a chance to work those young players. There was only one way to acquire players, and that was through traditional high school recruiting.

“Well, in today’s world, it’s, it’s a lot different, you know, you can acquire players and a lot of different ways. People don’t really redshirt as much anymore. Because if you do redshirt somebody, chances are, they’re not going to be there for very long. … So what happens is, that opens the door for maybe non-traditional programs to be able to acquire players in a different way, which is kind of what we did.”

TCU took 13 transfers in the offseason. The defensive line was going to be a major issue, but Dykes and his staff were able to address that in the portal. And on a stage like this, against a team like Michigan with a nasty offensive line, those guys showed up.

“Had we not been able to add those 13 transfers, you know, we would have been in trouble defensively,” Dykes said. “So our roster is probably constructed a little bit differently than Michigan’s is, but I do think that you’re going to start to see more teams like TCU, you know, to get on stages like this.”

Merry New Year VolNation!

Hope all are doing well and enjoyed time with family.

I had to take a couple weeks off since ESD with all the negativity. Was frankly too much and a mindset I won’t deal with anymore after this 15 years of crap honestly. Is it safe to say the “Fahr Tim Banks and Fahr Joe Milton”crew are finally gone?

Anyway, great game, great year, and a great future ahead of us! Let’s all enjoy this, let’s enjoy some good basketball and baseball, and let’s all savor this time and not take it for granted.

Go Big Orange 🍊

This post got a lot of likes, but do you know who DIDN'T like it??

@InVOLuntary
I have to give Banks credit where credit is due. While we still gave up ungodly amounts of yardage, the only Stat the counts is the scoreboard. Having said that if he'll ever open his emails from me, he'll realize he's already been fired.

Last edited:
I have to give Banks credit where credit is due. While we still gave up ungodly amounts of yardage, the only Stat the counts is the scoreboard. Having said thar if he'll ever open his emails from me, he'll realize he's already been fired.
The defense just made timely play after timely play. How many times over the last 15 years did we lose games because we didn't make timely plays?

As frustrating add it was at times... I'm more than impressed with this team's resilience, especially on defense. They just don't quit.

Never said it was a dirty hit.
My argument is with those that after clearly seeing helmets hit and him laying on the ground for a while and leaving the game to not return saying it wasn’t helmet to helmet and he was ok to come back in because he said so.
Common sense is a rare commodity around here sometimes.
yeah, the intention of it, questionable even for the refs lol.. but the outcome is indisputable.. he did not need to play after that

Reactions: OrangenSC
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back