Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan. 1, 1996
ORLANDO, Fla. —

Jeff Hall kicked two fourth quarter field goals and the Vols defense held Ohio State in check as UT defeated the Buckeyes 20-14 on a rainy day in the Florida Citrus Bowl. Jay Graham, the game’s MVP, rushed for 154 yards, including a 69-yard scoring dash late in the first half that pulled the Vols even, 7-7, at halftime. Peyton Manning completed 20 of 35 passes for 182 yards and one touchdown. Joey Kent led the Vol receiving corps with seven catches for 109 yards, including a 47-yard scoring toss from Manning that gave UT a 14-7 advantage in the third quarter. Hall’s two field goals in the fourth quarter came after the Buckeyes had tied the game, 14-14. Tennessee’s defense, which had stopped the Buckeyes on a second quarter fourth-andinches at the 3-yard line, forced three turnovers in OSU’s final four possessions. UT held Ohio State, with Heisman winner Eddie George, to a season-low 89 yards on the ground. The victory upped Tennessee’s record to 11-1, its best since 1989 and propelled the Vols to a No. 2 finish in the final CNN/USA Today poll, UT’s highest since 1967. The Vols were tabbed No. 3 in final Associated Press voting.

SCORING SUMMARY
OSU — George 2 run (Jackson kick)
TENN — Graham 69 run (Hall kick)
TENN — Kent 47 pass from Manning (Hall kick)
OSU — Dudley 32 pass from Hoying (Jackson kick)
TENN — Hall 29 FG
TENN — Hall 25 FG

Top 5 game I've ever attended!

904x490%20%284%29.jpg

I was 11 years old at that game with my parents and one of my childhood friends. Rainy doesn’t describe that game. It absolutely poured all day. I ended up getting a Peyton autograph from one of the consierge at the Omni Hotel during our stay. When we arrived in Orlando a night or two before the game, the Omni overbooked us so they put us up in the Peabody Hotel for a few hours, which was where the Ohio State fans and team were staying at. When we got off the elevator, there was Eddie George and we were all decked out in our UT gear. This was the year he won the Heisman. My dad had to tell us who he was. My friend and I asked for a picture and Eddie was so nice and we got a picture with him. Sadly, the picture didn’t turn out.

This is good, from Sonny Dykes:

👍

There it is, gang. It's really that simple. It's why an 8, 12 or 16 team playoff is going to produce a lot of different NC winners.

It's also why some of you that have not need to join The Volunteer Club if you love the Vols as much as you claim you do. Starts at $5/mo.

Guys and gals me and the kids could use all the prayers you can muster. Friday I went and filed for a divorce, also filed for full custody of my 10 year old son, that should give a hint to what’s taking place. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do is sit my youngest down and explain this to him. Tore my heart out.

So sorry to hear this. 🙏 for your situation and hope things get better soon.

I was 11 years old at that game with my parents and one of my childhood friends. Rainy doesn’t describe that game. It absolutely poured all day. I ended up getting a Peyton autograph from one of the consierge at the Omni Hotel during our stay. When we arrived in Orlando a night or two before the game, the Omni overbooked us so they put us up in the Peabody Hotel for a few hours, which was where the Ohio State fans and team were staying at. When we got off the elevator, there was Eddie George and we were all decked out in our UT gear. This was the year he won the Heisman. My dad had to tell us who he was. My friend and I asked for a picture and Eddie was so nice and we got a picture with him. Sadly, the picture didn’t turn out.
He's a great man. 100% genuine.

But.....He told me he would talk about any football game, except ONE! That game. He and Vrabel will not talk about it.

So what you’re saying would mean a lot more in the debate if “ I HADN’T SEEN WITH MY OWN EYES ON MY 75” TV THE SLOW MO REPlAY THAT LEFT NO QUESTIONS IF HELMETS HIT.
Damn people let it die. Helmet hit Helmet, it’s on film.

You realize you are arguing with yourself, right? Instead, argue with the guys in the replay booth who called it after thoroughly reviewing it. Maybe you need to give them your interpretation of the rule.

it took Tom Osborne 22 years to win a National championship. He even thought about going to Colorado because fans were restless with 9-2, 10-2 seasons but of course he stayed. He retired with 3 NCs after 25 seasons. Got to have some Patience and it’ll come. As long as you’re consistently up there punching you’ll break the wall down eventually. Something a few fan bases can learn to have

I was there too at 15 years old. My brother, who had just graduated from UT, took me.

Guys and gals me and the kids could use all the prayers you can muster. Friday I went and filed for a divorce, also filed for full custody of my 10 year old son, that should give a hint to what’s taking place. The hardest thing I’ve ever had to do is sit my youngest down and explain this to him. Tore my heart out.
😞🙏. I’ve been there my friend.

Sorry to hear about that man.

Praying for God to give you Wisdom and clarity in helping your son through this. God Bless!

CJ is an idiot.

One of the funniest videos on YT is his reaction video to the Tennessee Alabama game (hint: fast forward to the very end)
Cale (Carolina Jackpot) is just a normal fan like us and is actually able to put his hate aside and be fair towards the Vols unless they're playing South Carolina. I think he's alright. Rob, on the other hand, straight-up gets defensive when it comes to Tennessee and has acted personally insulted when anyone has even hinted at Tennessee being able to stay on the field with Clemson this season. To be fair, the Tennessee fans that call in to their show don't exactly represent the fanbase well...I've heard some really dumb ones call in. Rob is the type that will constantly move the goalposts and contradict himself in order to make whatever argument he can against Tennessee. I'm looking forward to their show tonight. Cale hates Clemson more than Tennessee and will probably give him a lot of sh**.

Prayers for strength and discernment

I am not an insider, and I have nothing but a gut feeling, but I don't think we add any secondary through the portal. Maybe I'll be wrong. Personally, I'd love to add a #1 CB. But I don't think it happens. I think our focus now is on offense, and DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back