Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe there were some crazy things that happened. Was a war like any other with advancements in technology along with absolute old word fighting techniques. Battle lines where people were sitting ducks combined with automatic weaponry, lent to huge death tolls.
One of my favorite things to do with students at the end of the year was have a paper wad fight to review warfare through American history. For the Revolution they had to have 1 piece of paper, use their non dominant hand, stand straight and take one step closer with each round they were not hit. The Civil War was about the same except they could dodge and use dominate hand. WWI they could hide under desks, use more than one piece of paper (Was fun to see them try to decide whether to make a larger wad or have 3 small ones), and they had to come out from behind the desks to shot. WWII about the same except after they stalled in shooting I would drop a big book to make a loud noise then tell them the game was over because it was an atomic bomb. They would beg to do it again. I would if they could answer questions.

Probably won’t or they would have before the selection. They’re not going to admit they might have made an error now. I’m good with 6th in the country at the end. Who would have thought it at the beginning of September??? Yes, I believe we would have beat 3 of the top 4, and I still would like another run at Georgia. Who would have thought we would be here? 11-2 from 3 years ago? Hell, after the last fifteen years. I’m enjoying this.
I wanna say we finished top 5 dammit. That’s the elite company.

Honestly, we should at least jump OSU and Bama. Michigan too. Both Big 10 schools losing hurts their conference. Us beating a conference champ helps us more than Bama.

giphy.gif

I wanna say we finished top 5 dammit. That’s the elite company.

Honestly, we should at least jump OSU and Bama. Michigan too. Both Big 10 schools losing hurts their conference. Us beating a conference champ helps us more than Bama.
Kansas St. was the Big 12 Conference Champ

The first Mad Minute record was set by Sergeant Major Jesse Wallingford in 1908, scoring 36 hits on a 48-inch target at 300 yards (4.5 mils/ 15.3 moa).

Another world record of 38 hits, all within the 24 inch target at 300 yards (2.25 mils/ 7.6 moa), is said to have been set in about 1914 by a Sergt.-Instructor Snoxall.[2] ‘Sergt.-Instructor Snoxall’ was probably Sergeant Frank Snoxell of the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, who was an instructor at the School of Musketry from October 1913 until January 1917. He was a Sergeant-Instructor from October 1913 until he was promoted in March 1915. Sergeant Snoxell had previously been a Sergeant-Instructor at the Branch School of Musketry at Satara in India

The Enfield uses stripper clips.

Thanks for posting info on the “Mad Minute”. Heard stories of Germans thinking they had come under machine gun fire during a Mad Minute.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back