Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
These reboots hardly ever work. The original show was funny because of the actors at the time. Trying to repeat it with different people or even the same actors 25 years later is a recipe for failure in most cases.
Plus the jokes that show used would probably not be allowed now.

Last edited:
I always think it’s weird how UT and FSU seem to either do well at the same time or bomb at the same time.. weird story but my boss when I lived was an FSU alumnus and I went to UTK obviously and we had very similar stories and timelines lol
Are you communicating with us from the great beyond???

Just sharing what I watched. I know the small professional British Expeditionary Force entering WW1 excelled and are famous for the "Mad Minute"...I wouldn't put it past the best of the best of the best of that already great shooting force being able to pull it off.

The first Mad Minute record was set by Sergeant Major Jesse Wallingford in 1908, scoring 36 hits on a 48-inch target at 300 yards (4.5 mils/ 15.3 moa).

Another world record of 38 hits, all within the 24 inch target at 300 yards (2.25 mils/ 7.6 moa), is said to have been set in about 1914 by a Sergt.-Instructor Snoxall.[2] ‘Sergt.-Instructor Snoxall’ was probably Sergeant Frank Snoxell of the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, who was an instructor at the School of Musketry from October 1913 until January 1917. He was a Sergeant-Instructor from October 1913 until he was promoted in March 1915. Sergeant Snoxell had previously been a Sergeant-Instructor at the Branch School of Musketry at Satara in India

The Enfield uses stripper clips.

The first Mad Minute record was set by Sergeant Major Jesse Wallingford in 1908, scoring 36 hits on a 48-inch target at 300 yards (4.5 mils/ 15.3 moa).

Another world record of 38 hits, all within the 24 inch target at 300 yards (2.25 mils/ 7.6 moa), is said to have been set in about 1914 by a Sergt.-Instructor Snoxall.[2] ‘Sergt.-Instructor Snoxall’ was probably Sergeant Frank Snoxell of the Loyal North Lancashire Regiment, who was an instructor at the School of Musketry from October 1913 until January 1917. He was a Sergeant-Instructor from October 1913 until he was promoted in March 1915. Sergeant Snoxell had previously been a Sergeant-Instructor at the Branch School of Musketry at Satara in India

The Enfield uses stripper clips.
Hugh Freeze's ears perk up.

You think they will put us ahead of AL?
Probably won’t or they would have before the selection. They’re not going to admit they might have made a error now. I’m good with 6th in the country at the end. Who would have thought it at the beginning of September??? Yes, I believe we would have beat 3 of the top 4, and I still would like another run at Georgia. Who would have thought we would be here? 11-2 from 3 years ago? Hell, after the last fifteen years. I’m enjoying this.

Merry New Year VolNation!

Hope all are doing well and enjoyed time with family.

I had to take a couple weeks off since ESD with all the negativity. Was frankly too much and a mindset I won’t deal with anymore after this 15 years of crap honestly. Is it safe to say the “Fahr Tim Banks and Fahr Joe Milton”crew are finally gone?

Anyway, great game, great year, and a great future ahead of us! Let’s all enjoy this, let’s enjoy some good basketball and baseball, and let’s all savor this time and not take it for granted.

Go Big Orange 🍊
I'm still fahr'n Banks just in case you're wonderin'. Ima good with ever thang else.

I am excited about these young defenders we have coming in. I really think when Banks and company get what they want the bend don't break strategy will be more of very little bending and not much breaking.
I think our defense is improving at the rate we would've all been happy with when they were first hired. Then Heupel decides to go warp drive and blow up all expectations with the offense and the defense seems like it's way behind expectations.

If the defense improves on the field like it did this year, we'll be very difficult to score on.

Oh it is near the end. Great movie
It was the most exciting "real stunt" movie since Fury Road. I'm wanting to watch it again. It was awesome to watch at the movies. Not going to lie, fist pumping happened during the viewing

*I can't hardly watch the CGI Marvel, DC movies. They're pretty good movies but I always tell my wife, I feel sorry for the people that have to build the buildings back that they destroy. 🤣

Watch the vid "Facing down a Lee-Enfield at Ypres in WW1" by the channel "War Stories"..I didn't just make the 💩 up. I just told what the historian said happened. I know exactly what a f'n Lee-Enfield is...I am sitting here watching the freakin Documentary. The British were famous for the "Mad Minute" it is one of the biggest reasons why the comparatively tiny BEF was so great on battle in 1914.

Don't call me a liar...if you don't believe it, then that is fine, but I did not just make it up.
liar.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back