Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
200.gif

Louisiana is an extremely litigious state, if they fired her, you can bet your a$$ they had serious dirt
That's the first i've heard of that. I know Florida is a lawsuit haven. Tennessee would be if not for the Gun and Insurance lobby. Tort reforms have had a circular effect. Instead of large settlements there are more lawsuits now than at any time prior, even the 90's.

We need more to occupy our time. Like making bad Dad puns on VN.

Matthew McConaughey, Leonardo DiCaprio, and George Clooney all want to make a movie together.

Clooney says, “I’ll direct.”

DiCaprio says, “I’ll act.”

McConaughey says, “I’ll write, I’ll write, I’ll write.”

That's the first i've heard of that. I know Florida is a lawsuit haven. Tennessee would be if not for the Gun and Insurance lobby. Tort reforms have had a circular effect. Instead of large settlements there are more lawsuits now than at any time prior, even the 90's.
Yep, I had to give two depositions for two different malpractice lawsuits while there.. never had to in Tennessee.. there is a lawyer on every corner and folks will sue for anything

Louisiana is an extremely litigious state, if they fired her, you can bet your a$$ they had serious dirt
I knew an insurance adjuster who said it was part of their policy to pretty much pay out any claim in LA, because it was almost a guarantee that if it went to court the jury would side with the plaintiff, no matter how ridiculous the claim.

I knew an insurance adjuster who said it was part of their policy to pretty much pay out any claim in LA, because it was almost a guarantee that if it went to court the jury would side with the plaintiff, no matter how ridiculous the claim.
It’s also why you can’t get insurance half of the time.. we couldn’t get All State we had to get an underwriter for everything.. Brightside or something like that 😂 some underwriter no name insurance 😂 that was sold through the AllState person

Honestly, your explanation makes it pretty clear. If the defender takes aim and attacks the head or neck of a defenseless player, it's targeting. Or if he uses the crown to initiate contact on anyone. They could really leave it at that. Granted there's still plenty of subjectivity, but it's pretty clear that accidentally hitting the head or neck (like when the player suddenly ducks or falls down) shouldn't be targeting.

Officials were not following the rules all those times they kicked someone out for targeting when the defender was aiming for the stomach and the runner ducked into a head shot.

It seems to me that there have been way more NOT TARGETING calls after review this year. Not sure of the mix of Crown vs the rest calls. I do believe that many of the calls where helmets contacted, but the defender's helmet was off to the side any were not allowed. Wish there were some data on this. I don't like the if in doubt call it mindset and let replay clean it up, but not sure if it is college or pro of both where replay can initiate a review on their own.

Reactions: jave36
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back