Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doug Mathews just said on 104.5 that he expects Elarbee and Halzle to be named Co-coordinators. Also said that 1 QB recruit has been told Halzle will call the plays next season
Was that on Buck Reising’s show? I want to hear the podcast when it’s up.

Just have to accept there are some who made up their mind before the season started that Joe is not the answer and will use every uncompleted pass as justification. Some were practically rooting for him to fail in the Orange Bowl to prove themselves right. I guess it is human nature, but I don’t understand how you can root against someone on your team.

I was not on the Joe Milton train at all from the moment they started talking about him transferring to UT. I watched some of his games at UM and was completely and unequivocally unimpressed. I felt confirmed and justified when he started the 2021 season overthrowing receivers by 15 and 20 yards. I wasn't glad that he got hurt because I never want kids to get hurt, but I was relieved when Hooker took the reigns and never looked back. With that being said, Joe still certainly has areas where he can improve but he is a dramatically better QB this year than he was last year. I have no worries going into the offseason that he is most likely the starter in August. That actually is comforting to me because as great as I think Nico or Tayven will be in our offense, they need the time to learn the offense and how to execute it. They don't have some of the bad habits that Joe had to unlearn so I think both of them can be ready to play even faster than Joe. The future at the QB spot is bright and I am excited for the freaky bright future for UT football!

You know what I just realized?

How is Caleb Williams' finger nail obscenities not am Unsportsmanlike Conduct? That's unsportsmanlike by definition, and its directed to the opponent.

They wouldn't allow a player to go Double Gauldens to the opponent's bench. They wouldn't let a player wear a bracelet or socks or shoes with that on there would they? So how does he get away with that?

First play should be a penalty. If he doesn't remove it the second would ve a disqualification for his second Unsportsmanlike penalty.

Am I becoming an old geezer?

I was not on the Joe Milton train at all from the moment they started talking about him transferring to UT. I watched some of his games at UM and was completely and unequivocally unimpressed. I felt confirmed and justified when he started the 2021 season overthrowing receivers by 15 and 20 yards. I wasn't glad that he got hurt because I never want kids to get hurt, but I was relieved when Hooker took the reigns and never looked back. With that being said, Joe still certainly has areas where he can improve but he is a dramatically better QB this year than he was last year. I have no worries going into the offseason that he is most likely the starter in August. That actually is comforting to me because as great as I think Nico or Tayven will be in our offense, they need the time to learn the offense and how to execute it. They don't have some of the bad habits that Joe had to unlearn so I think both of them can be ready to play even faster than Joe. The future at the QB spot is bright and I am excited for the freaky bright future for UT football!
There’s nothing wrong with being concerned about a player’s ability or thinking they’re not the next SEC POTY. I think most were concerned how he would do against a good defense. The thing that got me were the ones actually hoping he would fail to prove themselves right on their prediction. And they’ll be back the first time he has a bad game. The backup QB is always the most popular player.

How is Caleb Williams' finger nail obscenities not am Unsportsmanlike Conduct? That's unsportsmanlike by definition, and its directed to the opponent.

They wouldn't allow a player to go Double Gauldens to the opponent's bench. They wouldn't let a player wear a bracelet or socks or shoes with that on there would they? So how does he get away with that?

First play should be a penalty. If he doesn't remove it the second would ve a disqualification for his second Unsportsmanlike penalty.

I’m obviously an old geezer.

You know. Georgia losing Bennett as weird as it sounds is probably a plus for everyone else. He is no where near the most talented player but he’s the glue to that offense. Hopefully they take a step back next season

Be better if they lost their OC as well.

I just mistook you for @BaldBiker .

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back