Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ryan Clark just talked on that. He tried to play after being hospitalized. Brought doctors in, brought his wife in to say he should play. Tomlin says No, because I wouldn’t let my son play. And Clark said it was a relief because their programmed to play, and they need a coach to say No for them.
That situation didn’t seem very difficult to me… he played for the Redskins and almost died and had to have his spleen and gallbladder removed…. The doctors said that the chances he would have a fatal episode was not high so he could officially play. Clark wanted to play in Denver but tomlin wouldn’t let him bc there was a chance he could die.

The fact that he's on a ventilator obviously isn't a good sign, however it doesn't necessarily mean he is in a more severe condition.

What I'm saying is that when you have something like cardiac arrest and are given CPR and/or defib'd you start breathing on your own again almost instantly because it was your heart stopping that stopped your breathing and bringing it back online re-started your breathing. In this case, he has a pulse meaning his heart is working again but he's still not breathing. That isn't good at all. Something is still amiss and whatever it is isn't as simple as restarting the heart.

EDIT: There is one thing that occured to me that I wasn't really thinking about earlier - the intubation and the meds they give you. It may have been the plan from the start to put him on a vent for at least a little while. Still, I really don't like when anyone goes on a vent. It's never good. It may save your life or prolong it but a vent is as serious as it gets.

Last edited:
We NEED more RBs! This is crazy that d Sampson could be the only scholly rb participating in spring ball.

Those saying people would look around if Lloyd or others visited are nuts.

Currently as I see it, we have a talent issue at CB. We have a depth issue at rb. We have a talent and depth issue at TE. Need to address all 3 before spring.
Last spring Small was out and Wright was out for most of fall camp. It’s not ideal but it’s better to nip this in the bud now. Sampson and Seldon will get much needed reps

They’ll probably see how he responds when they take him off sedation:l tomorrow evening.

View attachment 528754

When has a hospital ever given an update on a patient's status to the press? Did reporters seriously call just so they could write that they were told 'no' while knowing ahead of time that would be the answer?

I’m not super religious but damn I am hoping for the best for Hamlin. So damn scary, 24 and living a dream and suddenly this. Shows you how fragile life can be at any point. Show the people you care about you love them y’all. Also sympathize with Higgins and hope he isn’t tearing himself up over the accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back