Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tee needs our prayers as well. You know he feels awful as he was the one being tackled.

This is a great point…prayers to Tee.

If you guys saw the SEC storied about the Vandy player that was hit by Chuckie Mullins of Ole Miss, who died a few years later, you see he never recovered from that grief.

If you guys saw the SEC storied about the Vandy player that was hit by Chuckie Mullins of Ole Miss, who died a few years later, you see he never recovered from that grief.
It looks like he landed on his helmet harder than the hit was.

Reactions: UTMVol76

Was think about this as soon as it happened.

I don't think the sport had anything to do with it. If that little bit of force stopped his heart, it could have happened anywhere, and most likely anywhere else there wouldn't have been an army of first responders within 10 seconds of him.

That is one way to look at it. I don’t want to be in argument, man. Just sad. Hate the violence of it all sometimes. It’s why I never cared for boxing, UFC, all that. Just a personal choice. Again, just commenting on the very obvious and very undeniable correlation between this sport and the abbreviation of life, effect on quality of life, and injuries.

I love reading old stories…. People from that generation and before didn’t play…. Different mindset or so it seems.
Ronnie Lott, chopped finger. There’s good and bad to it all. Tonight was the good change. Hat tip to both coaches for making a stand and saying No for their players.

Is Small having the same surgery he had last offseason?

-Hubbs

-AP
We NEED more RBs! This is crazy that d Sampson could be the only scholly rb participating in spring ball.

Those saying people would look around if Lloyd or others visited are nuts.

Currently as I see it, we have a talent issue at CB. We have a depth issue at rb. We have a talent and depth issue at TE. Need to address all 3 before spring.

We NEED more RBs! This is crazy that d Sampson could be the only scholly rb participating in spring ball.

Those saying people would look around if Lloyd or others visited are nuts.

Currently as I see it, we have a talent issue at CB. We have a depth issue at rb. We have a talent and depth issue at TE. Need to address all 3 before spring.
We'll be fine

I don't think the sport had anything to do with it. If that little bit of force stopped his heart, it could have happened anywhere, and most likely anywhere else there wouldn't have been an army of first responders within 10 seconds of him.
Saw a sports physician hypothesize that it's a rare occurrence when you get blunt trauma to the chest at a very, very specific timing during the end of a heart beat cycle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back