Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not a walk-on. He was a preferred walk-on out of high school. Stetson Bennett Announces Where He’ll Transfer He then went to Juco and then was offered a scholarship by UGA which he accepted. He is on scholarship and has been since he returned to UGA from Juco.

From UGA: “Bennett walked-on to the Georgia football team as was named an offensive scout team player of the year. He transferred to JUCO Jones College in Mississippi where he led the team to a 10-2 record. He then transferred back to Georgia — this time on scholarship. He served as a backup in 2019 and started five games in 2020.”

He is not a walk-on.
I actually did not know this. Thank you for sharing.

🙄… she’s on here, isn’t she?

No. She certainly is not.
wink-got-it-dude.gif

He’s not a walk-on. He was a preferred walk-on out of high school. Stetson Bennett Announces Where He’ll Transfer He then went to Juco and then was offered a scholarship by UGA which he accepted. He is on scholarship and has been since he returned to UGA from Juco.

From UGA: “Bennett walked-on to the Georgia football team as was named an offensive scout team player of the year. He transferred to JUCO Jones College in Mississippi where he led the team to a 10-2 record. He then transferred back to Georgia — this time on scholarship. He served as a backup in 2019 and started five games in 2020.”

He is not a walk-on.
Yep. Yet every game we here walk on 100 times from the announcers. And it’s getting very annoying

Reactions: SmokinBob
yeah, i remember seeing that here, but i don't recall that being the predominant wisdom for prognosticators at large. rival fan bases, the usual negative nancies here, sure. Hell in August Roman Harper picked us to go 10-2 on live TV in front of gawd and everybody lol.

Joe T and Greg M referenced some of the pre season narrative on us as the Orange bowl was ending, and while it's safe to say we more than exceeded expectations, the general feeling was we'd progress, and if the defense got good, look out....that's all.

if memory serves, and not to nit pick, we were picked 3rd in the SEC E at media days behind UGA and UK...these were the same people that picked LSU 5th, and aTm 2nd so do with that what you will.......ESPN FPI had us 7-5...with less than 50% chance of winning at Pitt, LSU, UK. and a little over 50% chance of beating USCe.....all the 247 guys had 8-4...except Patrick Brown at 9-3. CFN had 8-4 as well i think.

long story short, if your predominant source of recollection is here/message boards/twitter etc..., then yeah, i agree, i remember seeing all the same things you referenced. if it's an "outside looking in" perspective of what 2022 looked like, most had us making at least a 1 game step in the right direction to 8-4, maybe 9-3 if we won a game we weren't supposed to.

all that to say....a step back next year just isn't a terrible thing, is all i was trying to get at. and it's definitely not as terrible a thing as it has been in the past where that would entail falling back to losing seasons, missing bowls and likely firing up the coach search boards.... :)

i think we're past that......lol

Good post--

I for sure think we will naturally take a step back next season with who is leaving and who will be stepping up and stepping into positions... A lot will depend on these younger guys/new starters and how they develop in the offseason. I believe we will see at least 3-4 freshman getting a lot of reps, but a lot also depends on whether we are able to still pick up some key positions in the transfer portal before spring... We will lose several games, but everyone will see flashes of what is to come year after next and we will be a much better and more dangerous team towards the end of the upcoming season compared to the start this coming fall... I think the 2024 is when you will see us rise and stay at a high level each season as long as Heup and staff are still in place.

Reactions: jakez4ut
Fair enough… my husband is still in love with Alicia Silverstone and Jenny McCarthy and would dump me in a hot minute… and possibly Denise Richards

Wasn't Denise Richards married to Charlie Sheen? That should disqualify her from any discussion of sanity or cleanliness.

Fair enough… my husband is still in love with Alicia Silverstone and Jenny McCarthy and would dump me in a hot minute… and possibly Denise Richards
Speaking of Alicia Silverstone, I just finished the show Vikings, and the last Queen of kattegat on there looked like a younger hotter version of Alicia Silverstone. Nothing in comparison to Lagetha tho for those that know!!!

Reactions: StoVol and peaygolf
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back