Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think the J Wright tweet means anything. Would imagine it's hard to transfer when you about to have surgery and miss all of spring. Wouldn't help him at all at a new school.

I guess we shall see.

It’s such a vague tweet it’s silly to assume anything about it at this point. He could literally just be taking a jab at Henry T again for the lolz or he could be discussing something not even football related. Many possibilities. Wait and see is the best approach here instead of going full on panic like some people are lol

It’s such a vague tweet it’s silly to assume anything about it at this point. He could literally just be taking a jab at Henry T again for the lolz or he could be discussing something not even football related. Many possibilities. Wait and see is the best approach here instead of going full on panic like some people are lol
My thoughts too. We may well have a bunch of Vol fans trashing next year's starter b/c of assumptions.

Reactions: Glitch
Really a head scratcher. Doesn't make sense.
it does if we're not willing, and someone else is....assuming that's the most important thing that is.

that's life in today's college football. other than testing NIL, there's no reason for him to leave. and unfortunately, it's not like these kids are literal free agents and can just take offers and everyone knows what's going on. sometimes the only way to find out....is to go find out. while NIL has certainly made things more on the up and up in terms of recruiting, when it comes to the transfer portal, it's really muddied up the water, cause nobody knows anything except the parties involved. so it's always gonna feel a bit like a blindside, and this kid is a perfect example of that.

Seldon and Sampson show next year.

Wright runs hard and seems to have good straight line speed but that's really it. Doesn't take a ton of talent to excel in this offense.
i think that's a gross oversimplification. jalen was at times definitely a better option than small simply because he's faster, better moves, and he can flat go. now Sampson, i htink is a better version of wright, more "wiggle", can cut better and is as fast, or faster. but i think you can't just show up and be a body and "excel" in this offense.

i think that's a gross oversimplification. jalen was at times definitely a better option than small simply because he's faster, better moves, and he can flat go. now Sampson, i htink is a better version of wright, more "wiggle", can cut better and is as fast, or faster. but i think you can't just show up and be a body and "excel" in this offense.
He was our leading rusher this season. If he transfers it is definitely a big loss.

Player 4: Take your time. Find a coach who is genuine. Find a scheme that fits you. Find somewhere you’ll not only get developed on the field but off the field. Find coaches who truly care about you when you don’t have a football in your hand or aren’t providing something for them. Don’t make NIL the main part of your decision. Because if you ball, make plays, it’ll find you. Like the NFL. Think of NIL the same way.
hope that kid came here...lol

Strange. I met his dad and chatted with him a bit at one of the games. He said he loves it here. Of course, he could've just been saying what he thought I wanted to hear. But he seemed sincere.

Like he said, it's business.
Do we even know for sure what he was even talking about? Lol

Reactions: OrangenSC
Exactly. But for every Jalin Hyatt who holds himself responsible for getting better and earning more, there are others who think they'll be valued more and develop faster elsewhere. You'd think that witnessing Hyatt's and Tillman's trajectory would have shown them the benefit of sticking around and working hard... but some think it'll be easier at another program. Some are unhappy about teammates playing more. And others have people in their ear, steering them elsewhere.
i think this is, potentially, the biggest problem a lot of these kids will have. really understanding who to listen to and why.

I have a hard time seeing Coach Heup having a step back. I still feel like he's only shown about 40% of his offense. Endless possibilities with this system we have. I remember thinking our WR's didn't really run real routes until I saw Keyton tweet put the all-22 version of his Orange Bowl touchdown. Also remember Brian Kelly saying we don't do pre-shifts, just for us to burn LSU on a pre-shift play. Huep is a genius, can't wait to see what next season holds. Hopefully we feed Bru a lot more, what he did to that Clemson DB when he tried to tackle him is a felony in most states.
well, i'm not rooting for a step back, but let's be honest, we just had a season we haven't seen the likes of since 2001....many posting here now weren't even alive then.

if we go 9-3 or 8-4 next year (god forbid) it just won't be the end of the world, is all i'm getting at.

Would be nice if Wright actually leaves
Please just quit it, no it wouldn’t. Asinine statement. Your must be one of them portal is the answer to everything guys. I want Wright, he will be number 1 back come spring. He has played well and continually got better. And he has not indicated he doesn’t want to be here so why would fans want him to leave. Just ludicrous knee jerk lunacy. GBO

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back