Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
He knows dang well that's exactly what HT said when he went to Bama.

That's personal.

Not cool... Like most are saying, doesn't make sense with him most likely being the feature RB next year, he might want to check with Evans to see how it's working out at Louisville... don't think I remember hearing a single word about him...

Reactions: SweetasSoda and ugg
This might get moved to the politics thread but I cannot believe (or maybe I can) that Damar Hamlin's cardiac arrest (Commotio cordis) is getting blamed on Covid booster shots.

For Heaven's sakes people... he got hit in the chest and it stopped his heart. This is a rare, but well-known freak phenomenon. Idc what you believe about the vaccines, the vaxx didn't do that. Totally possible he doesn't even have the booster.
It shouldn’t be legitimately blamed on anything….. nobody knows what caused it yet.

Reactions: SmokinBob
Good ones and bad ones but they are getting progressively worse and formulaic.
I just never looked at a comic book a day in my life 😂 I watched the one with Jared Leto as the joker and the Harley Quinn part was interesting, but that was about it for me lol

This is the reason I think a coach just has to ignore players if they act like they are going to leave when we look around in the portal. The days of loyalty are becoming few and far between.

True, but it gets a little more involved than that if the paperwork is filed. Is the SA allowed to continue on at their current school and retain all the privileges and resources SAs are provided while not being part of the team and not being held accountable to team rules?

Many players know where they're going or have a shortlist, but what about those who want to shop around and see if they can find something better while continuing to enjoy what they already have? Is having them around the team productive? Do they negatively impact other players? What if schools said "it's just business" back to SAs? Issues create more issues in this new world that everybody's trying to navigate.

I just never looked at a comic book a day in my life 😂 I watched the one with Jared Leto as the joker and the Harley Quinn part was interesting, but that was about it for me lol
You don't have much imagination do you? You sound like my wife..lol...I tell her that all the time.

True, but it gets a little more involved than that if the paperwork is filed. Is the SA allowed to continue on at their current school and retain all the privileges and resources SAs are provided while not being part of the team and not being held accountable to team rules? Many players know where they're going or have a shortlist, but what about those who want to shop around and see if they can find something better while continuing to enjoy what they already have? Is having them around the team productive? What if schools said "it's just business" back to SAs? Issues create more issues in this new world that everybody's trying to navigate.
Screw em...next.

It's like I said yesterday some players think they are better than they are and deserve more than they are getting or could get. This is what the NIL deals and transfer portal has created along with the hype these players get from the time they are in Jr High School until they sign in college and beyond. It's much easier to be a big star in HS than it is in college and they find out they aren't as special as they have always been told. Relatives, handlers and coaches pump these kids up about playing in the NFL from the first time they play and fail to mention only 1.6% ever make it.

Good ones and bad ones but they are getting progressively worse and formulaic.
I like good fiction. Loki was one of thr most org pieces i've seen in years. He who remains, one of most interesting characters in MCU. But of course there has to be a GoTG Christmas Special before we get to the buildup, year before the Kang film.

Last edited:
247 and On3 can't shut the hell up about Keon Keeley (DL recruit for Bama). You'd think he's going to be Jevon Kearse mixed with Reggie White.

but also:

for comparison:

The Scott kid has at least 3 picks too, so if Cam is getting separation on him...

Scott is about to get a bump, they said.

Top Schools: Alabama, Auburn, Michigan, Texas and USC with the Tigers considered the favorite
And we could have had him.

NIL and PT-- players who feel others are getting more want more themselves, whether they've earned it (or are "worth it") or not. Value is so subjective, and some programs will pay more for certain players and certain positions based on immediate needs.

Here's the rub-- some players who say it's just business want it both ways. They expect to be able to pursue opportunities elsewhere while getting all the privileges and perks at UT without any of the obligations. Having to re-recruit players, placate others and portal shop without causing disgruntlement is a distraction-- and not a fun one.
I know a few coaches and it just adds more to their work load.

Someone needs to tell him Jalen Hyatt wasn't happy this time a year ago either.

Exactly. But for every Jalin Hyatt who holds himself responsible for getting better and earning more, there are others who think they'll be valued more and develop faster elsewhere. You'd think that witnessing Hyatt's and Tillman's trajectory would have shown them the benefit of sticking around and working hard... but some think it'll be easier at another program. Some are unhappy about teammates playing more. And others have people in their ear, steering them elsewhere.

Just a monster of a pick up. Coach Garner is an absolute weapon of a coach/recruiter for any program. So glad he is on our side again. We are soon to have the top d-line/edge rushers in the nation once all the past two signing classes become Jr's and sophomore's. And that's not hyperbole.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back