Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
True, but it gets a little more involved than that if the paperwork is filed. Is the SA allowed to continue on at their current school and retain all the privileges and resources SAs are provided while not being part of the team and not being held accountable to team rules?

Many players know where they're going or have a shortlist, but what about those who want to shop around and see if they can find something better while continuing to enjoy what they already have? Is having them around the team productive? Do they negatively impact other players? What if schools said "it's just business" back to SAs? Issues create more issues in this new world that everybody's trying to navigate.

I don't see any reason at this point as to why schools can't say "it's just business" and cut them loose. If you are willing to leave and bail on your team and jump into the portal (or want to see what interest you may receive), you've got to be willing to deal with being excluded/cutoff from anything and everything associated with the team except going to class until you leave...

Maybe if there's consequences to going into the portal, kids will think twice and be more sure of what they may be sacrificing and the chance they are taking. Should be only fair at this point-- with Wright being a perfect example... you go into the portal after we didn't shop for a RB, wasting the department's resources now, then BYE...

I'm older, but if I were on the team and one of my teammates said he was jumping in the portal but still wanted to practice/enjoy everything as usual, I'd have a problem with it and would let him know I didn't want him around unless he was 100% bought into our program... And how can a kid jump in and still think it's okay to enjoy all his perks until he decides to leave and his teammates would be fine with it? He's made a choice, so choices have consequences... simple.

Seldon is gonna be so good. i see posts saying hes definitley starting, which i think is a bit pre mature, but coming in a 210, plus whatever he's able to get done in s&c this off season, and his natural skill sets, i'm gonna be hard pressed to imagine that he's not a contributor early and often.

and you have to think with the quantity of quality we have coming in on the defensive side of the ball, there's some youngins that figure to improve the competition level quite a bit this off season.

not sure yet how any of that significantly impacts next season, but it's hard not to be excited about the next 3 years, even if this year is a step back from 2022.
I have a hard time seeing Coach Heup having a step back. I still feel like he's only shown about 40% of his offense. Endless possibilities with this system we have. I remember thinking our WR's didn't really run real routes until I saw Keyton tweet put the all-22 version of his Orange Bowl touchdown. Also remember Brian Kelly saying we don't do pre-shifts, just for us to burn LSU on a pre-shift play. Huep is a genius, can't wait to see what next season holds. Hopefully we feed Bru a lot more, what he did to that Clemson DB when he tried to tackle him is a felony in most states.

TCU running back Kendre Miller is questionable for the College Football Playoff National Championship game vs. Georgia, coach Sonny Dykes said Tuesday.

I always though Florida was the luckiest team I ever saw for breaks going their way, but Georgia seems to be the luckiest in having opposing teams’ star players out for their big games.

I don't see any reason at this point as to why schools can't say "it's just business" and cut them loose. If you are willing to leave and bail on your team and jump into the portal (or want to see what interest you may receive), you've got to be willing to deal with being excluded/cutoff from anything and everything associated with the team except going to class until you leave...

Maybe if there's consequences to going into the portal, kids will think twice and be more sure of what they may be sacrificing and the chance they are taking. Should be only fair at this point-- with Wright being a perfect example... you go into the portal after we didn't shop for a RB, wasting the department's resources now, then BYE...

I'm older, but if I were on the team and one of my teammates said he was jumping in the portal but still wanted to practice/enjoy everything as usual, I'd have a problem with it and would let him know I didn't want him around unless he was 100% bought into our program... And how can a kid jump in and still think it's okay to enjoy all his perks until he decides to leave and his teammates would be fine with it? He's made a choice, so choices have consequences... simple.
We have cut players whether they were in the portal or not.

Tennessee break or reset (at least) eight single-season program records on offense during the program’s first 11-win season since 2001.

The Vols set new standards for total points (599), points per game (46.1), total offense (6,832), yards per game (525.5), touchdowns (79), passing touchdowns (38) and passing efficiency (181.40) and tied the record for rushing touchdowns (40).

Only half of those records – total points (511), touchdowns (67), total offense (6,174) and passing efficiency (167.10) – were set during the 2021 season when the Vols went 7-6.

Exactly. But for every Jalin Hyatt who holds himself responsible for getting better and earning more, there are others who think they'll be valued more and develop faster elsewhere. You'd think that witnessing Hyatt's and Tillman's trajectory would have shown them the benefit of sticking around and working hard... but some think it'll be easier at another program. Some are unhappy about teammates playing more. And others have people in their ear, steering them elsewhere.
This had to of made coaching 100 times less enjoyable. It’s so hard for a coach and assistants to put in so much time and effort every year 365.
Do you see some changes coming?

Just a monster of a pick up. Coach Garner is an absolute weapon of a coach/recruiter for any program. So glad he is on our side again. We are soon to have the top d-line/edge rushers in the nation once all the past two signing classes become Jr's and sophomore's. And that's not hyperbole.
CRG doesn’t get enough credit for the good rush defense this year. His lineman are very sound in gap control and always looking for the ball and reaching. Such a great coach, we are so lucky to have him. Hope an assistant is watching everything he is teaching.

Wake me up when the problem children on the roster are the ones Heup recruited. Until then, I want to see one of his guys step into any open spot.

The upside of Sampson has me not caring one thing about Wright's business pursuits, and I like Wright with the ball in his hands.

What about gifs?

horny-jail-bonk.gif

Jaylen has played his heart out for us, his hard work over last off-season paid off on the field, and he didn't create this NIL situation anymore than our staff did. Moreover, we don't know the facts of his situation. What his post said was that he was pondering the statement that it's a business not personal. The portal is a complex situation for everyone. Maybe he deserves an increase. I don't know. Maybe he is wondering (🤔) if it is desirable that many players who transfer do better financially than players who stick by their team. We see staff being incentivized. And no one is condemning players who leave their old teams to transfer in.

I think we shouldn't criticize Wright, at the very least until we know all the facts. I don't know of any reason to doubt his character. I am still a fan of the guy. Let's just wait and see.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back