Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y’all remember when I said there’s no need to think about who is on the roster until fall camp?

I was sort of kidding. Never dreamed we would have to be wondering if a player like Wright, that was established in the #1 offense and getting plenty of playing time with more to come, would be leaving to go to NC. Was just worried about players like Walker not wanting to wait.
He's the #2 back on the nation's #1 offense and top5 team. He has a real shot of jumping to #1.

There is no better situation for his future anywhere that is better than the position he's currently in.

Maybe he wants more money now and is willing to risk a shot at millions by downgrading, learning a new system, and competing for a roster position.

Hopefully he isn't listening to any idiots suggesting he should do this.

Gotta keep in mind he hasn’t even officially entered the portal. Remember last year when Baron entered then withdrew, or the countless players that have done the same across the country? Let’s not be too chicken little around here. It would be a bummer if he left, but let’s wait until the dust settles

That's not how VN rolls.

Word of our punter beat down must have been legend at Orange Bowl week. You know they know. Buddy entered the portal and heard Tennessee was calling and turned right the hell around.
Paxton was a captain. I saw him staring Clemson down at the coin toss. 😂 But no one -- even BY --gave them a harsher glare than good ole Hendo Cinco, crutches or no crutches.

With Walker now entering the portal (allegedly), Thornton is damn near a must get at this point. I also see why AP mentioned potentially going after a 2nd WR (I would assume at Slot) as well. We have no one behind Squirrel at the moment and his size will always be a concern if he can make it thru a season.

I like our young WRs on the outside though, think we good there for the future.

A lineup of Bru, Keyton/Thornton, and Squirrel would be awesome. Would be great if Seldon can get up to speed enough to be that backup slot wr behind Squirrel. This spring will be huge for a lot of young guys and how we attack that 2nd portal window in May.

Tell me more….?
This is one of my favorite stories that this site has produced

I have a source... this is what I was told:

LJD was jawing with Mack/coaches all practice. At some point, probably during a special teams period, he and Paxton Brooks got into an altercation and Brooks kicked his a$$. Then LJD got up and went after a coach and Heup stepped in and said "you're gone." Kid is a headcase. Certainly sounds like he expected to get 1st team reps on Day 1 and was getting frustrated.

Personally, I’m not worried about RB at all. Plenty will be available in the portal, and maybe get another one on signing day…..
Another one on signing day? Is this from your friend? Does he think we flip an unsigned back? Most of the highly rated ones are already signed, but there are a few that are not. Like Cobb.

He's the #2 back on the nation's #1 offense and top5 team. He has a real shot of jumping to #1.

There is no better situation for his future anywhere that is better than the position he's currently in.

Maybe he wants more money now and is willing to risk a shot at millions by downgrading, learning a new system, and competing for a roster position.

Hopefully he isn't listening to any idiots suggesting he should do this.
Seems logical to me. But we don’t know if maybe he heard what they were going to pay someone coming or, or if someone came along with a ridiculous offer to get him to come there. Who knows!

Reactions: OrangenSC
With Walker now entering the portal (allegedly), Thornton is damn near a must get at this point. I also see why AP mentioned potentially going after a 2nd WR (I would assume at Slot) as well. We have no one behind Squirrel at the moment and his size will always be a concern if he can make it thru a season.

I like our young WRs on the outside though, think we good there for the future.

A lineup of Bru, Keyton/Thornton, and Squirrel would be awesome. Would be great if Seldon can get up to speed enough to be that backup slot wr behind Squirrel. This spring will be huge for a lot of young guys and how we attack that 2nd portal window in May.

Would love to grab Thorton but also I don't think we're as bad off as some would assume.Seldon can play both ways but that will depend how thing shake out over the next few months...Seems he prefers wr but rb would be his best bet to see action early,I mean Seldons gonna be phenomenal no matter but he's a match up nightmare for a lb.

Anyways back to my point Nimrod is suppose to be a beast he's had a year to sit n learn expect to see him alpt more this year.Kalen Webb is another I was high on but haven't heard much?I'm not sure what's up but he looked great out of high school so will see.

Bru,Keyton/Squirrel/Nimrod/Webb,LeeCock,Seldon if need be.I think adding Thorton would be great or another wr u really need 8 if u ask me.Im not sure how the rotation shakes out after Bru and Keyton & Squirrel but Nimrod has looked phenomenal from all acounts.I had big hopes for Kalan Webb so maybe he shkws what he did in high school so theirs ur top 4 in some order.5 is Webb,LeeCock,Seldon u may need 2 more wrs honestly..It's late sorry thats a jumbled mess lol long day

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back