Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
UNC's defense isn't exactly the gold standard to be measuring us against. Their defense was absolutely hideous as well.
I agree but 55% and 5.94 ypa is pretty top of the line especially against a team like Clemson. I do find it funny how many wanted NC’s two starting CBs. LOL

I am not upset. I keep trying to understand why you’re so upset. I keep thinking about how I was in the 90s and couldn’t enjoy anything. It was not fun. Then I didn’t know if I would ever see Tennessee be good again. I throughly enjoyed this season. I am still enjoying all the wonderful things that happened. I will look at the roster in the fall after all the parts move around. Then I will hope we win a lot in spite of whatever weaknesses we have.
You seem to be projecting you onto me. I thoroughly enjoyed this season. I enjoyed every victory and suffered every loss. Just missing out on the playoffs was both thrilling and heartbreaking. Pointing out and criticizing where I see we can get better does not make me miserable. I'm a competitor. Competitors always want to get better. The goal is to be the best. Losing is disappointing, but it's also the motivation for getting better. So your mistake is in thinking football makes my life miserable. I have other things in life to do that.

When area codes were introduced in October 1947, Tennessee's only area code was 901. During 1954, in a flash-cut, most of the state east of the Tennessee River's western bend was assigned 615, while 901 was restricted to Memphis and the western third of the state. This configuration remained in place for over 41 years.
and now we have more area codes than Ludacris

tn.gif

At least we aren't Atlanta with their 6 area codes or whatever they're up to now.

I agree but 55% and 5.94 ypa is pretty top of the line especially against a team like Clemson. I do find it funny how many wanted NC’s two starting CBs. LOL
Against Clemson, our defensive front got tremendous pressure on their QB, and then their QB reacted like a true freshman in his first game as a starter.

Reading the VQ War Room, it seems like we should land Dont'e Thornton and Omar Norman Lott this weekend. John Campbell is between us and Florida, but he had some travel issues with connecting flights in ATL and had to rent a car to get to/from campus which may become an issue and trend him more to Florida.
Come on Knoxville area car dealers. Get these guys a car to drive!

This pass defense allowed 55% with 5.9 ypa versus Clemson….. the same qb that completed 83% with 11.6 ypa against NC….What role do you think all the injuries played in the highs and lows of this secondary?
NC defense is awful. Comparing our secondary to the worst defense in football is not going to make anyone feel better. Lol. UNC defense was so bad.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Brutal...Prime don't play. I support removing cancerous cells from the body, but imo it shouldn't have been done publicly like that...but then again if that player was publicly running his mouth and causing a problem, then maybe he asked for it.
My issue also. After that meeting he could’ve pulled the young man in his office or just put a red tag in his locker.

Personally I think it's scheme and Tim Banks with a soft zone. Does he think that his guys can't cover man so that's why? Maybe. Probably. Ok so got get that guy. I think we need at least 1. I'd prefer 2. Go get that guy. If you don't and we have the same result, at that point it's a continuous weakness that's stopping the staff from getting to the next step in being in the playoff and there will be no one or nothing to blame.but themselves. Them getting blamed for it doesn't mean they should be fired. Perhaps addressing those questions directly, perhaps changing a scheme/style, perhaps changing a position coach. Idk. That's up to Heupel. But ultimately, those decisions are on his shoulders and he takes the glory or the blame. Nothing or no one else does. That's all I'm saying.
Banks may be to blame for the zone cushion, though it's hard for me to believe he wants them that far off the receivers. But turning your head around? That has to be something Martinez coaches these guys to do.

Actress Naya Rivera, sister of former Vol TE Mychal Rivera, died in a supposedly similar situation saving her son. He's lucky to have survived. Great that he's doing better.
Had forgotten that. That’s terrible. My 3 yo fell in and went under at a family’s pool after we were done swimming and eating pizza poolside. The 5 seconds between then and me sprinting over and jumping in were one of the scariest moments of my life.

You seem to be projecting you onto me. I thoroughly enjoyed this season. I enjoyed every victory and suffered every loss. Just missing out on the playoffs was both thrilling and heartbreaking. Pointing out and criticizing where I see we can get better does not make me miserable. I'm a competitor. Competitors always want to get better. The goal is to be the best. Losing is disappointing, but it's also the motivation for getting better. So your mistake is in thinking football makes my life miserable. I have other things in life to do that.
I don’t think football makes you miserable. And I am so competitive it’s unreal. What I think is you are frustrated because you are competitive about things you have no control over. You can’t make them shop the portal the way you want them too for instance. I kept trying to point out what their plan is so you could let it go. But you don’t want to let it go. So I will try to let you continue.

VN brethren, I need some help resolving a fantasy football dilemma. After the no contest for the Bengals-Bills, ESPN erased the stats from the game to that point. Our commish who was up 4 at the time is now down 3. He had Burrow, Chase, and Mixon playing who average a combined 59 points a game. Other guy had no one left. The other guy is now claiming victory. This is a decade long league with some decent money on the line.

I was the league creator, and judgement has been passed to me as commish is in a conflict of interest. It's unprecedented and imo it's clear commish should be the champ. Thoughts?

VN brethren, I need some help resolving a fantasy football dilemma. After the no contest for the Bengals-Bills, ESPN erased the stats from the game to that point. Our commish who was up 4 at the time is now down 3. He had Burrow, Chase, and Mixon playing who average a combined 59 points a game. Other guy had no one left. The other guy is now claiming victory. This is a decade long league with some decent money on the line.

I was the league creator, and judgement has been passed to me as commish is in a conflict of interest. It's unprecedented and imo it's clear commish should be the champ. Thoughts?
Co Champs, donate the money to charity. I've seen a lot of people doing that.
In all seriousness though, would they be willing to split the pot?

Obvious that the commish would've won, but I think splitting the money and listing them as co-champs is the most fair thing to do.

Against Clemson, our defensive front got tremendous pressure on their QB, and then their QB reacted like a true freshman in his first game as a starter.
There was also some really good coverage and some coverage related Pressures that happened during the game…. Pass defense is a combination of pass rush… linebackers and all the DBs working as unit…. One man out of position and it can fail… we can’t give the DBs all of the blame and none of the credit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back