Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Co Champs, donate the money to charity. I've seen a lot of people doing that.
In all seriousness though, would they be willing to split the pot?

We are all good friends, but very competitive. The money isn't a big issue, I'm sure they'd be fine with whatever is decided. I like the charity idea. The champ status is more important.

and now we have more area codes than Ludacris

tn.gif

At least we aren't Atlanta with their 6 area codes or whatever they're up to now.
I’m an 865 girl!🧡🤍

The majority was out during the spring and fall as well….. people tend to forget that.
They know. They just don't care because it doesn't fit their narrative. How can a position coach develop players that aren't available to be developed? The off season is where the most development takes place, then it continues into fall camp and during the season. Look at the development of Deneiko Slaughter and Theo Jackson. If guys are healthy and available, they improve by leaps and bounds. Injuries tend to stymie development.

VN brethren, I need some help resolving a fantasy football dilemma. After the no contest for the Bengals-Bills, ESPN erased the stats from the game to that point. Our commish who was up 4 at the time is now down 3. He had Burrow, Chase, and Mixon playing who average a combined 59 points a game. Other guy had no one left. The other guy is now claiming victory. This is a decade long league with some decent money on the line.

I was the league creator, and judgement has been passed to me as commish is in a conflict of interest. It's unprecedented and imo it's clear commish should be the champ. Thoughts?
The guy that had the most points won the league…. It sucks but that’s the way it should be….. make a new rule going forward to cover it.

Also let's all just realize right now, our QB play is going to be worse next season...and potentially into Nico's career as well.

Hendon was ridiculously good.

Year 1: 68% and 31 TDs to 3 INTs
Year 2: 69.6% and 27 TDs to 2 INTs

His career 5 INTs is the lowest of any TN QB in the history of the program with a minimum of 110 completions.

So regardless of who is the QB next year I'm expecting them to be a step back in one or both of those areas. May throw for more yards and more TDs, but I'd be shocked if they are that accurate.

Milton is off on the right foot though 12 TDs to 0 INTs on his 85 completions. (but he's also 59% on accuracy so far)

VN brethren, I need some help resolving a fantasy football dilemma. After the no contest for the Bengals-Bills, ESPN erased the stats from the game to that point. Our commish who was up 4 at the time is now down 3. He had Burrow, Chase, and Mixon playing who average a combined 59 points a game. Other guy had no one left. The other guy is now claiming victory. This is a decade long league with some decent money on the line.

I was the league creator, and judgement has been passed to me as commish is in a conflict of interest. It's unprecedented and imo it's clear commish should be the champ. Thoughts?

Absolutely NO way I'd give the other guy the victory.

I'd treat it as the commish won by 4 and simply tell the other guy you would've lost by more if the game had played.

Unless you want to use this weekend's games as the final verdict? (both teams keep same lineup, you hand tally how their teams would have faired and that's the league winner)

Also let's all just realize right now, our QB play is going to be worse next season...and potentially into Nico's career as well.

His career 5 INTs is the lowest of any TN QB in the history of the program with a minimum of 110 completions.

So regardless of who is the QB next year I'm expecting them to be a step back in one or both of those areas. May throw for more yards and more TDs, but I'd be shocked if they are that accurate.

Milton is off on the right foot though 12 TDs to 0 INTs on his 85 completions. (but he's also 59% on accuracy so far)

Will take a step back next season. But I believe Nico will eventually throw 40+ TDs in a season. Will he only throw 3 INTs? No clue

He did improve to 64.6% this year…. Hopefully… he keeps growing.

I would go with the commish. If you forced the other guy to drop a QB and two other players from his point total, which would be fair since this is like a once in a lifetime event, would he lose and the commsih win? If so, that's one way to reason it.

I think since he was up at the time the game was cancelled he for sure would have won. There's absolutely no way those 3 guys combined go negative after that point. I would let the rest of the league vote on it instead of leaving it up to just you. I was up 26 before the game and 20 at the time it ended and my opponent had Burrow. I was still projected to win at the time, but the way Burrow started that game it looked like he would get it. I'm the commish and it's a no money work league so I'm going to let him use Burrow's week 18 points.

I had Tee Higgins left.............The guy I was playing against......we split the $$$

I think Joe can keep the INTs low for a couple different reasons:

1. A lot of times guys will be running wide open
2. Joe will over throw instead of under throw a lot of deep balls that can't be picked.
3. DBs can not catch his fastballs

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back