Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since we've been talking Goodfellas...Liotta already in peak laughter form here...
View attachment 529558

Will there ever be as good a generation of gangster actors as this period? I can't imagine it. GOAT period.
The best gangster of them all isn't in that picture, however...

James Gandolfini would take it to a whole other level 9 years later. No disrespect to all the others, Tony Soprano is the greatest gangster ever created, imo.

I can see player throwing 0 or a couple ints in high school. . . but in college. . . in the SEC? Crazy. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the fact we have a prolific passing offense with a QB who only threw 2 ints all year. That will be difficult to replicate. . . unless our offense is just designed in a way that QBs have easy reads and our receivers are schemed open almost all the time. It would still be hard for anyone to throw as many passes as we do and only give up 2-3 ints. I could see that many just off tipped & batted passes.

I won't be shocked if Milton throws 9-10 ints next year. . . I would be shocked if he only threw 2-3.

I'm not sure how many tds Milton will throw, but I bet he goes over 750yds rushing.
I think he will have more ints on tipped/batted balls than anything else just because of how hard he always throws...I can see several bouncing off our players hands to opposing DBs....there were almost a couple of those against Clemson.

Hindsight is 20/20. Thankful more fans are recognizing this now, but I wish more would be level-headed enough during the season to realize how shortchanged we are at the time. Each game is a unique set of circumstances. Player health, depth, matchups, situations, etc. Defense played excellent in Orange Bowl. Some games played very well. Some games poorly. Sometimes an "average" (or even poor) performance from the outside looking in is a truly great performance due to the situation the group was in.

What's important is that it didn't cost us more than 1 game. They didn't have to be great all the time, they just had to do "enough."
Very well said

Understandable - these will also increase if Kirby wins the NC because he will get a raise, and Saban's contract is written so that he will always be the highest paid CFB coach
$11.7 Saban
$11.25 Kirby

Desperation Hires/Contracts
$9.5M Kelly
$9.5M Jimbo
$9M Kiffin

Out of control contract kickers at this point, the best contract in sports
$8.6M Stoops

Heupel deserves more than everyone else on the list below Stoops (next highest is $7.2M)

so $7.5M-$8M is justified I believe

Heupel just got an increase to $6MM right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back