Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also let's all just realize right now, our QB play is going to be worse next season...and potentially into Nico's career as well.

Hendon was ridiculously good.

Year 1: 68% and 31 TDs to 3 INTs
Year 2: 69.6% and 27 TDs to 2 INTs

His career 5 INTs is the lowest of any TN QB in the history of the program with a minimum of 110 completions.

So regardless of who is the QB next year I'm expecting them to be a step back in one or both of those areas. May throw for more yards and more TDs, but I'd be shocked if they are that accurate.

Milton is off on the right foot though 12 TDs to 0 INTs on his 85 completions. (but he's also 59% on accuracy so far)

May just be me, but I would be okay with that accuracy percentage if it included the touchdown to interception ratio. A bunch of his incompletions came in the vandy game this year. 😎

Hank Jr is 73…so the math checks out. Tidbit I didn’t know was that Hank Sr had divorced Audrey and married Billy Jean Eshelman in 1952…a year before his death. She then married another country star, Johnny Horton (The Battle of New Orleans) in 1953 and he died like Hank 7 years later…in a car crash.
View attachment 529657
I grew up in Hendersonville and back in the 70's that's where most of the Country Stars lived or in the area anyway. Now they live down in Franklin area . Still several of the older ones live around here.

At first seeing us at 18, I guess I thought it was reasonable. But Texas Tech, Oregon State, and Notre Dame are all ahead of us. Don’t even care what they have coming back. I don’t think they are better than us.
I don't care if they are better or not...I like being underrated at this point in the rebuild...respect will come later.

Yup. Easy to see why we really wanted verse. Fsu's challenge next year is dealing with the hype. That'll be the indicator, imo, whether or not norvell is the real deal or a version of butch Jones. I personally think he's done very well and they'll be good next year. But if they fall flat, won't be a good sign.
Verse making a pretty mature business decision and betting on himself. He was a first rounder in many mocks, but next year’s draft doesn’t project having a generational edge talent like Will Anderson.

Hank Jr is 73…so the math checks out. Tidbit I didn’t know was that Hank Sr had divorced Audrey and married Billy Jean Eshelman in 1952…a year before his death. She then married another country star, Johnny Horton (The Battle of New Orleans) in 1953 and he died like Hank 7 years later…in a car crash.
View attachment 529657
One small correction…Hank Sr died in a car, but it wasn’t a crash

I don't care if they are better or not...I like being underrated at this point in the rebuild...respect will come later.
It’s not so much that those teams have respect. They just look at their schedule. They don’t have to play #1 and #2. Odds are they will win more games even if they are not a better team.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Good! Wouldn’t hate that as a destination for Walker Merrill.
However, if the issues with his eyes and migraines are as they were stated, he likely won’t be able to be on the field there either. He will need to find a program that huddles after every play.

I worked in Smithville for a few years and there’s a lot of country music people that lived down on Center Hill Lake, most famously Alan Jackson.

There was a lot said that he was an A hole but I think that’s confusing someone of a private nature who wants to be anonymous when he’s not on stage and I can get that. There was a story that he was in the local grocery store one day and some redneck exclaimed “Hey! I know who you are!!” Jackson supposedly retorted “Really?! I don’t know who the F—- you are!”

May or may not be true, but I thought it was funny if so. I’ve ran across famous folks, and I leave them alone.
We saw Phil Bredeson going into The Southern one time (my husband didn’t know who that was, not being from TN), we saw Kid Rock at Jeff Ruby’s and Jay Cutler and his kids at Perry’s.. ignored them all 😂

I worked in Smithville for a few years and there’s a lot of country music people that lived down on Center Hill Lake, most famously Alan Jackson.

There was a lot said that he was an A hole but I think that’s confusing someone of a private nature who wants to be anonymous when he’s not on stage and I can get that. There was a story that he was in the local grocery store one day and some redneck exclaimed “Hey! I know who you are!!” Jackson supposedly retorted “Really?! I don’t know who the F—- you are!”

May or may not be true, but I thought it was funny if so. I’ve ran across famous folks, and I leave them alone.
We saw Phil Bredeson going into The Southern one time (my husband didn’t know who that was, not being from TN), we saw Kid Rock at Jeff Ruby’s and Jay Cutler and his kids at Perry’s.. ignored them all 😂

However, if the issues with his eyes and migraines are as they were stated, he likely won’t be able to be on the field there either. He will need to find a program that huddles after every play.
Most likely overstated. Guess we’ll find out. Terrell Davis suffered from them and made the HOF.

Cool story, I had a friend that worked as a waitress at Olive Garden in Rivergate years ago. Reba McEntire was there celebrating her son Shelby's birthday. This lady came over and asked her for an autograph and Reba told her " Ma'am any other day I would be happy to sign something but today I'm not Reba McEntire I'm Shelby's momma.". Kind of shows you how some of them are away from work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back