Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
They're gonna be very good next year. And with an easy path to ACC championship, I can see it.
Possible they have a good season, but as long as they recruit #19, such as this year, it'll only be a blip. They also scraped by in a number of wins this year. ONE ranked win...by 1 point vs the 1st P5 game by a new HC (Kelly).

UF and Oklahoma sucked by season's end. Lost to NC St and Clemson and Wake. Norvell ain't it imo

Exactly.. locals know those people don’t want to be bothered 😂
I worked in Smithville for a few years and there’s a lot of country music people that lived down on Center Hill Lake, most famously Alan Jackson.

There was a lot said that he was an A hole but I think that’s confusing someone of a private nature who wants to be anonymous when he’s not on stage and I can get that. There was a story that he was in the local grocery store one day and some redneck exclaimed “Hey! I know who you are!!” Jackson supposedly retorted “Really?! I don’t know who the F—- you are!”

May or may not be true, but I thought it was funny if so. I’ve ran across famous folks, and I leave them alone.

Back before Nashville turned into Country Music Disney World I walked into the Old Hickory Waffle House at some ungodly hour and Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban were in there eating. Nobody bothered them, we all just ate hash browns and waffles.

Creepy blurry stalker pic taken blindly over your shoulder or it didn’t happen.

I worked at Opryland theme park in my teens. Country music stars (performing at the Geo theater) would always stroll through the park casually. Only the tourists would bother them.
I went to school with a bunch of Country Stars kids and when you know them and their parents you find out they are just like everybody else, they just are able to sing and make a living instead of doing something else.

Yup. Easy to see why we really wanted verse. Fsu's challenge next year is dealing with the hype. That'll be the indicator, imo, whether or not norvell is the real deal or a version of butch Jones. I personally think he's done very well and they'll be good next year. But if they fall flat, won't be a good sign.

At first seeing us at 18, I guess I thought it was reasonable. But Texas Tech, Oregon State, and Notre Dame are all ahead of us. Don’t even care what they have coming back. I don’t think they are better than us.
We just beat Clemson and return as much as they do and they have them top 10.

Aren't you like 70 ? Was it Hank Williams kids ?
Hank Jr is 73…so the math checks out. Tidbit I didn’t know was that Hank Sr had divorced Audrey and married Billy Jean Eshelman in 1952…a year before his death. She then married another country star, Johnny Horton (The Battle of New Orleans) in 1953 and he died like Hank 7 years later…in a car crash.
1673111204201.jpeg

At first seeing us at 18, I guess I thought it was reasonable. But Texas Tech, Oregon State, and Notre Dame are all ahead of us. Don’t even care what they have coming back. I don’t think they are better than us.
We were unranked last year when it didn’t count. #Progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back