Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll say this luther, I am in agreement with your theory as long as the top 4 from each conference are aligned in separate parts of the bracket. Then they would only face each other in the semi-final (or earlier if a conference had 5-6 teams get in).
That's where Sankey and the others come in to factor. They must demand this and let the chips fall where they may.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
What did Pollock say?
He said Saban had no quality wins and two of the wins he did have were basically on the final play, which shouldn't count according to lil Nickie. Saban had no reason to be ranked above Tennessee and no reason to be in the broadcast booth begging up an unearned recruiting advantage. And if Saban has a gripe -- since he runs the Birmingham office -- tell his errand boy Sankey to make AL-GA an annual game when the expansion schedule comes into effect. Or shut up. Also, why is Saban buying hugely expensive insurance policies for players (which amounts to a direct cash payment) and bragging about it to the world not a recruiting violation?

Last edited:
100% the opposite. It is proof of exactly why it needs to be expanded.......with expansion, this never would have been the championship game.

Seeding will be based on eye tests..................Fine. I get that. I'm all for it.

What's ironic, is that the NC used to be voted on..................Based on eye tests! Minus BYU in '84, it worked pretty darn well. Then people complained about it not being earned and needs to be played on the field. We as fans can't have it both ways............We will get blow outs like this from time-to-time. Teams play bad and the moment is too big for them.

The two "best" teams seldom play for Championships. It happens in every sport, and it's because the playoffs are based on numbers and seeding. Just my opinion and nothing I can do about it. It is what it is.

Seeding will be based on eye tests..................Fine. I get that. I'm all for it.

What's ironic, is that the NC used to be voted on..................Based on eye tests! Minus BYU in '84, it worked pretty darn well. Then people complained about it not being earned and needs to be played on the field. We as fans can't have it both ways............We will get blow outs like this from time-to-time. Teams play bad and the moment is too big for them.

The two "best" teams seldom play for Championships. It happens in every sport, and it's because the playoffs are based on numbers and seeding. Just my opinion and nothing I can do about it. It is what it is.
The fact that you do not have to be the "best" team in order to win the championship is the beauty of playoffs.

Have to go with the 12 team over the 4 although I like both the 8 and 16 team playoffs better with no byes.

Again, since it started over 9 seasons. Bama (3), UGA (2), LSU (1), Clemson (2), OSU (1). Seems pretty clear to me that having only 4 potentially eliminates the hot team that started the season slowly. It reduces the potential match ups that are challenging, which is how March Madness produces the big upsets. Way too easy to seed 4 teams versus 12. It favors the lesser P5 conferences who get teams in like TCU, and almost USC, to only get blown out. With more teams in the playoffs most of those games are played earlier. Ours, Clemson's and Bama's situations this season are proof a larger playoff would have been better for the competition aspect.

Yeah, the SEC could end up with the Final Four or three out of four. Which is the reason they have been slow to change it. They want to pretend having teams with similar records from multiple conferences means they are equally yoked, when we in the SEC know they are not. Get over it and prove it, the others should work harder to get better.

I feel like this is kind of karma for the committee letting TCU lose to Kansas State and not even dropping them a single spot because they were hoping to get 2 big 10 teams in the title game and instead got in zero.
It was the only time throughout the entire season that a team lost a game and didn't drop in the CFB rankings too.

He said Saban had no quality wins and two of the wins he did have were basically on the final play, which shouldn't count according to lil Nickie. Saban had no reason to be ranked above Tennessee and no reason to be in the broadcast booth begging up an unearned recruiting advantage. And if Saban has a gripe -- since he runs the Birmingham office -- tell his errand boy Sankey to make AL-GA an annual game when the expansion schedule comes into effect. Or shut up. Also, why is Saban buying hugely expensive insurance policies for players (which amounts to a direct cash payment) and bragging about it to the world not a recruiting violation?
Can I get a clip of that?!?! lol

I feel like this is kind of karma for the committee letting TCU lose to Kansas State and not even dropping them a single spot because they were hoping to get 2 big 10 teams in the title game and instead got in zero.
It was the only time throughout the entire season that a team lost a game and didn't drop in the CFB rankings too.
Why would you think they wanted two big ten teams in the final? It was pretty clear they were just trying to avoid a rematch scenario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back