Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is how it would've played out this year with a 12 team playoff. Highest rank conference winners are seeded 1-4. Balance are seeded 5-12 based on end of season biased ranking. Problems right off the bat. Why are Washington and USC in and LSU out? Bama being ranked one ahead of us would mean the top two teams in the SEC this year would face off round 2. One of TCU, Washington, and Utah will still be in the semi-final. Bama would have a real shot at another natty.

1673364073825.png

Reactions: screenthis
As long as we have to play both Alabama and UGA and neither of them has to play each other every season...both will always have a huge advantage on us.

We have a harder road to either a SEC or National Cjampionship than any other team in CFB...it makes it nigh impossible....even if you beat them both in season, you will have to beat one or both again to win a title even with the expanded playoffs.

I hate this crap.

Not really. The same bias that caused people to not recognize the SEC as a level above all conferences except a few teams (Ohio State and Michigan) will have the SEC teams seeded against each other. We’d just knock ourselves out again and potentially face a fraud that got hot/lucky again. I am only in favor of an expanded playoff if they shorten the regular season significantly. Some of these kids are playing too many games.
They are not freaking "kids"...they are men in the freakin prime of their life.

As long as we have to play both Alabama and UGA and neither of them has to play each other every season...both will always have a huge advantage on us.

We have a harder road to either a SEC or National Cjampionship than any other team in CFB...it makes it nigh impossible....even if you beat them both in season, you will have to beat one or both again to win a title even with the expanded playoffs.

I hate this crap.

This should be the last year of that.

9 conference games
1 cupcake/ power five game
Up scholarship limits to 100 or more
Start season sooner if we keep more games
Start bowls and playoffs right after championship weekend
Like the thought but the conference bias still too easy. There must be more non-conference match-ups like basketball to determine who really plays the best competition. Or, just use recruiting rankings and overall team talent composite to be factored into SoS when completing final rankings. For example, how many teams did Tennessee play with top 25 composite talent ranking? Georgia, Bama (1 and 2), Florida, USC jr, Kentucky, LSU. Then the committee says we beat 4 teams with high level talent rankings and lost to two. Maybe then we would be ranked 2 or 3.

Reactions: Smyrna ATL Vol
I mean if we're all honest there were probably 2 or 3 teams we thought had a legit shot at beating Georgia. They played and beat Ohio State and if Bama hadn't crapped the bed at LSU they would have had to play them. Other than those two teams who else would have really given Georgia a game?

I just hope that's the last time Kirby wins it and I think with Heupel here and the SEC expanding it very well could be.
UGA ain't going no where...the road to the NC will run through them for the foreseeable future thanks to the 5* lemmings that will just keep on piling up there.

Reactions: hooter vol
I mean if we're all honest there were probably 2 or 3 teams we thought had a legit shot at beating Georgia. They played and beat Ohio State and if Bama hadn't crapped the bed at LSU they would have had to play them. Other than those two teams who else would have really given Georgia a game?

I just hope that's the last time Kirby wins it and I think with Heupel here and the SEC expanding it very well could be.

Mizzou, who should’ve beaten them.

UGA ain't going no where...the road to the NC will run through them for the foreseeable future thanks to the 5* lemmings that will just keep on piling up there.
Especially on defense.

We walked right into the hornet's nest last year, hopefully we can create a frenzy of our own at home in a revenge spot.

Rewatching Tone's highlights of Small/Wright and we had a killer season, but that OL (especially in the running game) still has room to grow. Mincey & Crawford were all first year starters last season...excited to see if the transfers are able to equal the talent lost and the rest of the OL guys make strides with another off-season. Plus Cooper/Spraggins enter their 3rd season starting.

John Campbell is a big add, played 4 games as a True Freshmen, played in 11 and started 2 as a RS Freshmen, played in 7 games and made 4 starts as a RS Sophomore in Covid year, sat out 2021 to recover from leg surgery, and then this year he started 11 games at LT.

Next year OL could look like this

LT: Campbell (6'5" 320lbs) or Mincey (6'6" 337lbs)/Crawford (6'5" 315lbs)
LG: Karic (6'5" 306lbs) or Nichols (6'5" 318lbs)
C: Cooper (6'3" 296lbs)
RG: Spraggins (6'3" 325lbs)
RT: Campbell or Mincey/Crawford
I hope he does well, but I have my doubts about Karic. He is the one transfer that I have my doubts about.

Mizzou, who should’ve beaten them.
Kentucky hung around too.

We blew out Mizzou and UK.

Just proves how much a mental game CFB is, still. Which is why you see Kirby basically brainwash these guys with in-house propaganda to keep them sharp.

The "leaked SEC coach" quotes before our game that basically called their entire defense soft. Give me a break.

Last night how many UGA players did you hear say "no one believed in us"?

I mean, look at this:

What the hell does that have to do with it...15 games is 15 games.

These guys don't need bubble wrap protectors..they are grown ass tough men.
Everything. Colliding against 170 lb linebackers is much different than hitting 220 lb linebackers. Not to mention speed variance. The collisions are massive and high school should never be something used as comparable.

Anyone got solid info on the eligibility of the Transfers we just picked up? I've seen conflicting stuff all over the place on this.

Based on what I saw/could figure:
Thornton- 2 or 3 Yrs
Campbell- 1 or 2 Yrs
Norman-Lott- 2 Yrs

Can anyone confirm?

Kentucky hung around too.

We blew out Mizzou and UK.

Just proves how much a mental game CFB is, still. Which is why you see Kirby basically brainwash these guys with in-house propaganda to keep them sharp.

The "leaked SEC coach" quotes before our game that basically called their entire defense soft. Give me a break.

Last night how many UGA players did you hear say "no one believed in us"?

I mean, look at this:

Who in the world thought they’d go 7-5?? Lol literally nobody

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back