Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fortunately once they reshape the sec, I don’t think we’ll play uga every year. It’s been a while since anyone has talked about it (or I’ve paid attention to it) but I thought the most speculated three for us was gonna be Alabama, Vandy and Kensucky.
That's right, I forgot about that. I do recall our annual opponents not being so bad in the projections

I maintain that the best format was to have the entire bowl season (no championship week) with their respective tie-ins like we had before the playoff era. It would be a de-facto first round, but on a larger scale. THEN you take the top 4 (or top 8) teams. This would mitigate opt outs, provide for way more exciting games, preserve the tradition of each of the (major) bowls.

Last edited:
That makes me sick to hear people make those kinds of decisions. I know, that's super elitist and judgey of me, but goodness.
He thought by not going that he might miss the experience of a lifetime with a massive upset...he believed...it is funny what blind hope can cause you to do.

I maintain that the best format was to have the entire bowl season with their respective tie-ins like we had before the playoff era. It would be a de-facto first round, but on a larger scale. THEN you take the top 4 (or top 8) teams. This would mitigate opt outs, provide for way more exciting games, preserve the tradition of each of the (major) bowls.
Yeah, we could do that. OR…we could put all the teams in a little hat and draw them out based on what a Ouija board says.

But seriously, I’d love this format. I don’t want these major bowls to stop mattering.

Reactions: SmokinBob
That makes me sick to hear people make those kinds of decisions. I know, that's super elitist and judgey of me, but goodness.
He thought by not going that he might miss the experience of a lifetime with a massive upset...he believed...it is funny what blind hope can cause you to do.
Really? I went to Austin on vacation last year. That place is desperate to become the next Portland. It sucked despite being overhyped by most everyone.
That is exactly what will happen...it will go to 💩

I'll also say I think conference title games are pointless and should be removed at this point, just make the team with the best conference record the champ. It essentially only eliminated USC from the playoffs. Cause ultimately the CFP showed it doesn't matter. Ohio State got in (didn't even play in conference championship) and TCU got in (lost in conference championship).

Had you just given it to best record you would have had

SEC: Georgia
BIG 10: Michigan
ACC: Clemson
Big 12: TCU
Pac 12: USC

And playoffs would have had 1. Georgia vs 4. USC, 2. Michigan vs 3. TCU

Last edited:
I'll also say I think conference title games are pointless and should be removed at this point, just make the team with the best conference record the champ. It essentially only eliminate USC from the playoffs. Cause ultimately the CFP showed it doesn't matter. Ohio State got in (didn't even play in conference championship) and TCU got in (lost in conference championship).

Had you just given it to best record you would have had

SEC: Georgia
BIG 10: Michigan
ACC: Clemson
Big 12: TCU
Pac 12: USC

And playoffs would have had 1. Georgia vs 4. USC, 2. Michigan vs 3. TCU
Agree with this as well. Conference championship games are a waste of time.

I don't remember anyone hating the hire but I remember a lot of us were underwhelmed by it. "Meh-pel" summed it up and is still pretty hilarious, imo. JH seemed solid but we were looking for more after being in the wilderness for so long. Little did we know that we'd actually gotten it. I should probably wait until next season to say that last bit but the Clemson game makes me feel confident despite having been burned in the past with seasons that looked great at the time but turned out to be mirages. Besides, none of the others delivered anything close to 11 wins.
We may not have a great record next year...but what JH did this year was no f'n mirage.

Acknowledged these are HIGHLIGHT clips, but since both feet are already in the water? This is Marvin Harrison Jr CAPABILITY projected in a scheme that helped Hyatt win the Belitnikoff.
He certainly looks the part. Gonna be crazy the amount of pressure we put on defenses - where you gonna roll coverage lol.

Thanks for digging up the clips.

Rewatching Tone's highlights of Small/Wright and we had a killer season, but that OL (especially in the running game) still has room to grow. Mincey & Crawford were all first year starters last season...excited to see if the transfers are able to equal the talent lost and the rest of the OL guys make strides with another off-season. Plus Cooper/Spraggins enter their 3rd season starting.

John Campbell is a big add, played 4 games as a True Freshmen, played in 11 and started 2 as a RS Freshmen, played in 7 games and made 4 starts as a RS Sophomore in Covid year, sat out 2021 to recover from leg surgery, and then this year he started 11 games at LT.

Next year OL could look like this

LT: Campbell (6'5" 320lbs) or Mincey (6'6" 337lbs)/Crawford (6'5" 315lbs)
LG: Karic (6'5" 306lbs) or Nichols (6'5" 318lbs)
C: Cooper (6'3" 296lbs)
RG: Spraggins (6'3" 325lbs)
RT: Campbell or Mincey/Crawford

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back