Not open for further replies.
Yep

bold = didn't count against eligibility

2018 - RS
2019 - played
2020 - COVID
2021 - missed possible medical RS
2022 - played

He could pursue a 2nd year here pretty easily I think, but I'd say his plan is to be on a top 5 offense and get drafted. Mays did it, Wright/Carvin are about to do it.
I can't remember if it was an On3 or 247 article, but it seems like the plan is for him to be here up to 2 years.

I can't remember if it was an On3 or 247 article, but it seems like the plan is for him to be here up to 2 years.

I'd say UT will work to get that 2021 season back as a medical RS, but Campbell is draft eligible and I assume if he stays healthy and we have another great season offensively he'll go to the draft (with a year left).

But I'd say before the season starts they'll have him eligible to play 2.

Reactions: BigSteve09
I'd say UT will work to get that 2021 season back as a medical RS, but Campbell is draft eligible and I assume if he stays healthy and we have another great season offensively he'll go to the draft (with a year left).

But I'd say before the season starts they'll have him eligible to play 2.

Yes I think his plan is to dominate this year and go pro, with a backup plan to develop and then dominate/pro next year

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
UT has to succeed despite scheduling inequities, no doubt. Only UT and Auburn have to play Bama and UGA every year. Teams like UK benefit from weaker cross-division draws and intentional creampuff scheduling-- it's part of their strategy and it has helped them leapfrog UT in the division some years. SEC teams cannibalize each other, creating a path for teams like TCU. However it shakes out, it will never be universally fair... so UT has to be better. We've been on top before. What UGA did, UT can do. We have the pedigree and the resources.
We have one more year of it. When Texas and OU come in, it all gets shaken up and those inequities may not exist.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
1673369703117.png

I like the way that the first half of the season is constructed.

Huge game at Florida in a very manageable spot. UTSA comedown at home. Revenge spot vs South Carolina, get it all out before the bye. Bye week - regroup, get ready for a rough stretch.

1673369816657.png

this is a troublesome stretch A&M at home should be in our favor, will probably be a very exciting game, but will surely be physical.

at Alabama revenge spot, yikes

That Kentucky game has trap written all over it. Will be what SC was for us this year.

1673369910786.png

I love where UGA falls on the schedule next year. No matter what has happened that season, it's going to be a huge game with the possibility to ruin their season. Can't overlook Mizzou the week before and get caught slipping.

AP hinted multiple times that Heup could promote analyst Alec Abeln for TE coach.

Any names for TE Coach?

How would you feel about another promotion?

Likelihood of them promoting from within for TE coach? Would think they would want a proven recruiter?

Abeln a legit possibility in your minds?
I was all on board with promoting Pope (and argued with Hubbs on VQ who advocated bringing back Coach YAC), mainly due to his name being on every recruit’s Tweet even before Kodi Burns departed AND the work he did on an interim basis. No buildup on this guy. We don’t have to see it for it to work, but I thought we had bigger outside options.

View attachment 530346

I like the way that the first half of the season is constructed.

Huge game at Florida in a very manageable spot. UTSA comedown at home. Revenge spot vs South Carolina, get it all out before the bye. Bye week - regroup, get ready for a rough stretch.

View attachment 530347

this is a troublesome stretch A&M at home should be in our favor, will probably be a very exciting game, but will surely be physical.

at Alabama revenge spot, yikes

That Kentucky game has trap written all over it. Will be what SC was for us this year.

View attachment 530348

I love where UGA falls on the schedule next year. No matter what has happened that season, it's going to be a huge game with the possibility to ruin their season. Can't overlook Mizzou the week before and get caught slipping.
Agree with most of your assessment on the schedule. Although, I don't think UT loses to Mizzou while Heupel is here. I think that game is personal for him.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Listen...even throwing in "try" you're absolutely wrong with using the word "majority" most don't even try to show up to class or team meetings in college.

You got 131 teams in FBS and the majority of those teams won't even have a player make the NFL. You're vagueness is just inaccurate regardless of adding in "try" to try and CYA.
You do realize that we are talking about players playing extra minutes due to the expanded playoffs…. That would affect 22 players X 12 teams…. The majority of those guys attempt to sign on with the nfl when they are done playing college football…..

Reactions: Ulysees E. McGill
Here is how it would've played out this year with a 12 team playoff. Highest rank conference winners are seeded 1-4. Balance are seeded 5-12 based on end of season biased ranking. Problems right off the bat. Why are Washington and USC in and LSU out? Bama being ranked one ahead of us would mean the top two teams in the SEC this year would face off round 2. One of TCU, Washington, and Utah will still be in the semi-final. Bama would have a real shot at another natty.

FYP

1673370542813.png

Last edited:
Kentucky hung around too.

We blew out Mizzou and UK.

Just proves how much a mental game CFB is, still. Which is why you see Kirby basically brainwash these guys with in-house propaganda to keep them sharp.

The "leaked SEC coach" quotes before our game that basically called their entire defense soft. Give me a break.

Last night how many UGA players did you hear say "no one believed in us"?

I mean, look at this:

Kentucky hung around too.

We blew out Mizzou and UK.

Just proves how much a mental game CFB is, still. Which is why you see Kirby basically brainwash these guys with in-house propaganda to keep them sharp.

The "leaked SEC coach" quotes before our game that basically called their entire defense soft. Give me a break.

Last night how many UGA players did you hear say "no one believed in us"?

I mean, look at this:

Lol pretty sure they were top 3 in preseason rankings by all major polls. Not sure how 7-5 gets you there.

Smart move by Kirby tho. It’s what has made Saban’s run so impressive. Somehow keeps all those stud recruits motivated

Reactions: Smokey X
UT has to succeed despite scheduling inequities, no doubt. Only UT and Auburn have to play Bama and UGA every year. Teams like UK benefit from weaker cross-division draws and intentional creampuff scheduling-- it's part of their strategy and it has helped them leapfrog UT in the division some years. SEC teams cannibalize each other, creating a path for teams like TCU. However it shakes out, it will never be universally fair... so UT has to be better. We've been on top before. What UGA did, UT can do. We have the pedigree and the resources.
At this point, I am ready to totally do away with permanent opponents and find an equitable way to rotate teams through the schedule so that every team plays all the same teams over some predetermined period of time.

I doubted Stetson, I still doubt him and think he is overrated and largely a by-product of his surrounding cast. That being said, no one projected them to win fewer than 10 regular season games. I don't know anyone that had anyone else in the SEC title game representing the East. This narrative that they defied the odds/expectations is beyond stupid. They had the most talented roster in the NCAA and they won it again. The only other team with a similar talent level is Alabama. Props to them for recruiting lights out and getting good production out of the best prospects in the country.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back