Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
we looked like idiots standing there with Bama demanding to keep the rivalry, while the rest of the league punished us via scheduling for wanting to keep it and "holding back" scheduling options for other programs

they were basically stomping on our fingers while we were hanging onto the platform of tradition for dear life
Never doubt this universities ability to shoot itself in the foot. At least it looks like those days might be coming to and end.

Because of what I literally said in the post you quoted...
You didn't give any reasoning at all. You just stated what happened, not why you think it happened. The much more obvious and realistic rationale for seeding the way they did was because they didn't want a rematch in the semi finals.

I think the secondary is an area where the staff might be weary a bit of going portal (again).

year 1 here they brought in Turnage and Hadden from the portal neither has really showed out yet
year 2 here they brought in Walker and Turrentine from the portal, Walker stepped up and played good when he was called upon

We also have our best HS class of secondary players in arguably a decade or longer. (5 guys and all are top 100 positional guys)

You didn't give any reasoning at all. You just stated what happened, not why you think it happened. The much more obvious and realistic rationale for seeding the way they did was because they didn't want a rematch in the semi finals.

At this point jave, you're Bruin and will be ignored as such. Still see the below bold

I feel like this is kind of karma for the committee letting TCU lose to Kansas State and not even dropping them a single spot because they were hoping to get 2 big 10 teams in the title game and instead got in zero.
It was the only time throughout the entire season that a team lost a game and didn't drop in the CFB rankings too.

Bracketology: Heat Check CBB March Madness projections — Heat Check CBB

Bracketology-1.10-1024x640.png

No I didn't realize that...since the conversation you jumped into was about High School players and their playoffs and how that wasn't the same as the college game.

I guess you was talking top 12 teams in college playoffs, the rest of the conversation was talking about how 15 HS games isn't anywhere near as bad as 15 college games. But I'll clear the air, I don't have any issue with college playoffs and that adding games to the best teams because you are right those 12 teams typically have players that are trying to make the NFL.

I will not agree that the majority of college players are trying to make the NFL though.
The convo started when someone mentioned that they needed to lower the amount of games bc the playoffs would be too many….. someone mentioned high schools playing 15 games… it was stated that most high schools games were really weak competition….. that was when I mentioned the PRO games.

The convo started when someone mentioned that they needed to lower the amount of games bc the playoffs would be too many….. someone mentioned high schools playing 15 games… it was stated that most high schools games were really weak competition….. that was when I mentioned the PRO games.

Yeah I see it now. I agree with you that they don't need to lower the games...hell most college teams play 4-6 "easy" games where they could rest their starters anyway if they wanted to.

Reactions: volbeast33
9 conference games
1 cupcake/ power five game
Up scholarship limits to 100 or more
Start season sooner if we keep more games
Start bowls and playoffs right after championship weekend
Run into Title IX issues with increased scholarships. Would have to increase scholarships for women's sports to make up for the 15 extra, or add more women's sports which means more expenses for departments.

Additionally, players already don't want to sit behind other guys for several years. 100 scholarships means more backups. There'd be more chances for playing time from injuries I suppose...

Then, the talent disparity is already bad enough. All the best players on G5 teams and middling Power 5 teams would join the top programs or commit to them to begin with. Further increasing this talent disparity between the top 10 programs and the rest. Fewer players and roster spots is why there's more disparity and turnaround in a sport like basketball.

I like the idea of it but I think it would have unintended consequences.

I do think you lengthen the season though. Add 2 byes for player health. I wouldn't even be opposed to creating another playoff for G5 teams. So you'd have FCS, G5, and P5 playoffs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back