Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
All the people that say he's too small probably said the same thing about Kyler Murray. Granted Murray ain't winning SB's but he's a quality player.

Bryce Young will be fine as far as the physical perspective of the NFL with the way QB's are protected and how dang tough he is.

UT ABUSED him all game long and he finished the game just fine while playing with a bruised shoulder, unless his O-line blows in the NFL he'll not see another game like that.

Kyler Murray is 25-31-1 as a starter and this season (where he missed 5 games) is the first where he didn't throw 10 or more INTs. He also has yet to throw 28 TDs in a season or surpass 4k passing yards. He's very accurate though...but that's kind of what the Air Raid does. I think he's not a good example of a small QB doing well in the NFL is what I'm saying mostly.

I will say though I don't think Bryce Young's size will scare any teams off... unless his listed Bama stats are grossly exaggerated when he gets to the combine. (6'0" 194 lbs) I figure he'll spend this time off trying to add 10-15 lbs of good size to his frame.

@Jaws is never as helpful (or present for) THESE updates. 😏

I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.

From Swampazz;

Rashada doesn’t want more. They are refusing to pay him what was agreed to in a signed contract bc Heitner is scumbag and the UAA and the ppl in power are a bunch of morons”

If this keeps escalating this doesn’t just mess up one recruitment, this causes doubt with all future recruits. If it was one player getting greedy you can brush that off, but if this is UFs NIL program not living up to what was promised in the recruitment… then oh boy... have fun trying to recruit Napier. Every other program will be negative recruiting against them with this.

I mean...even the most critical pre-season hater would still likely have Georgia going 9-3 or 10-2...

Based on preseason odds to win the title though (they were 3rd behind Bama/Ohio State) the only teams that they might have lost to on their schedule were Oregon (+8300 odds), Florida (+9700 odds), and Tennessee (+10000 odds).

ESPN’s metrics love the Vols. They’re not projected to lose antler game this season. The closest percentage is when Tennessee plays at auburn, in which Tennessee is still a 73% chance of winning.

The NET and Kenpom loves the Vols too. The eye test is getting better the last few games too. This could become a special group.
Would be crazy if the Vols beat the Milwaukee Bucks.

I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.

TN fans have definitely been there. 2008-2020

View attachment 530346

I like the way that the first half of the season is constructed.

Huge game at Florida in a very manageable spot. UTSA comedown at home. Revenge spot vs South Carolina, get it all out before the bye. Bye week - regroup, get ready for a rough stretch.

View attachment 530347

this is a troublesome stretch A&M at home should be in our favor, will probably be a very exciting game, but will surely be physical.

at Alabama revenge spot, yikes

That Kentucky game has trap written all over it. Will be what SC was for us this year.

View attachment 530348

I love where UGA falls on the schedule next year. No matter what has happened that season, it's going to be a huge game with the possibility to ruin their season. Can't overlook Mizzou the week before and get caught slipping.
Our schedule is not easy but manageable. Very easily could be 7-1 by end of October. Even if we beat uga it will not ruin their season. Their schedule is so weak. They’d be in the playoff with one loss. But for us it is the perfect spot to be able to pull off the upset if we’re going to. Could have 1 loss to alabama, sec and playoff appearance on the line. We won’t repeat what we did against gamecocks. We won’t underestimate uga. They could beat us and we do what we did last year but with respectable losses to alabama and uga, status quo, would still be a successful season. But if we beat uga that weekend, the storyline is set to springboard this program to newer heights. A rematch with bama for the sec championship and a playoff birth. Likely the first 3 sec team playoff if we win the sec champ, in UT, UGA, BAMA, and probably OSU or USC. At that point even if we lose in the playoff nobody will doubt us and recruits will flood to sign with us. UGA has to be marked with a big red circle on the calendar. Alabama was a season altering game for us this year. If we take care of business like we should, the chance to beat uga could be a decade altering game for our program.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back