Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing something about Nico’s attorney and Heitner jabbing each other on twitter and in the press. Nico’s attorney represents many 4 and 5 star kids in the NIL world. He said he wouldn’t ever recommend any of his guys that he represents to go to Florida or work with their collective lol
that's right I forgot about that!

Miami money man Ruiz also said that Florida's collective wasn't real and didn't have the money that they talked about. Florida shot back at him back then. Boy oh boy are the Miami fans loving it now.

Yesterday was a good day for Tennessee, but last night was

tenor.gif

I'm ready for next season.

Let’s hope he survives at least a few years to tank the program further.
Gator meltdown you say? This all sounds oddly familiar.. they are right on the trajectory we experienced… couldn’t have happened to a nicer group .. well, I’m sort of feeling bad for them now (also part of the trajectory) lol ps they need to experience it for at least as long as we did

Coen was a good playcaller at Kentucky and will be an improvement from that standpoint, but you're right about Rodriguez being the catalyst for their 2021 success on offense. I don't think the Vandy transfer RB comes close to replacing him, they'll still likely have o-line issues, and the transfer QB has a history of injury issues and isn't much of a run threat like Levis was.

Yeah he's an improvement over their previous OC, but mostly I think 1.8m a year is overpaying big time.

Last year they had 5 games where they scored 40 or more. 56 vs New Mexico State, 52 vs Louisville, 45 vs UL-Monroe and 42 twice against LSU and Vols. They amassed 2869 total yards in those 5 games which was over 50% of their production for the entire season. So he's an upgrade yes, but they overpaid for fool's gold is my thoughts or at least that's what I'm hoping is the case.

Reactions: KptVFL
Gator meltdown you say? This all sounds oddly familiar.. they are right on the trajectory we experienced… couldn’t have happened to a nicer group .. well, I’m sort of feeling bad for them now (also part of the trajectory) lol ps they need to experience it for at least as long as we did
@Jaws is never as helpful (or present for) THESE updates. 😏

Last edited:
That is excellent football. Are all the kids college football size? Because we're in the highest classification in Florida and that's not the case. Even the five big opponents we faced had many kids that will never sniff the field in college. Northwestern Miami, St Frances (Baltimore MD), Clearwater Academy, Seminole and Lakeland FL all have solid amounts of college prospects. I'm guessing those are similar to what you see where you are. Venice also played IMG. IMG is the only opponent where every player will more than likely play in college. They are an exception. But then there are games against Naples, Sarasota, Riverview (twice), Riverdale, Lehigh, and Bucholz that have 5-10 college athletes across the Senior to Freshmen spectrum, but mostly kids who's careers will end their senior year.
I would guess the average 7A school in the area has 5 or 6 players sign to play college ball each year, but the majority at most schools end with high school. My son played in 4A and there were 7 in his senior class (including him) who received offers - most at smaller colleges.

Reactions: LadyVolette
Kentucky offense this year
20.4 ppg (112th)
64.2% completions
208.5 passing yards per game
1.6 passing TDs per game
116.2 rushing yards per game
3.3 yard per carry per game
0.7 rushing TDs per game

Coen's year
32.3 ppg (36th)
66.1% completions
225.6 passing yards per game
1.8 passing TDs per game
199.8 rushing yards per game
5.3 yards per carry per game
2.1 rushing TDs per game

Call me crazy, but Rodriguez playing in 13 games and having 225 carries for 1378 yards with 10 TDs seems to be the bigger reason Coen's year was better, since Rodriguez only played in 8 games this year and had 175 carries for 904 yards with 6 TDs (and did that while missing the cupcakes)
Exactly, Coem was the beneficiary of a veteran offensive line, a very good RB, a very good WR. He will not always have that at UK.

Kentucky offense this year
20.4 ppg (112th)
64.2% completions
208.5 passing yards per game
1.6 passing TDs per game
116.2 rushing yards per game
3.3 yard per carry per game
0.7 rushing TDs per game

Coen's year
32.3 ppg (36th)
66.1% completions
225.6 passing yards per game
1.8 passing TDs per game
199.8 rushing yards per game
5.3 yards per carry per game
2.1 rushing TDs per game

Call me crazy, but Rodriguez playing in 13 games and having 225 carries for 1378 yards with 10 TDs seems to be the bigger reason Coen's year was better, since Rodriguez only played in 8 games this year and had 175 carries for 904 yards with 6 TDs (and did that while missing the cupcakes)

Their overall system was better with Coen and they had a better team then.

He is going to have to earn his payday because their QB is average (NCST Transfer), o line was soft as hell, and their running game was pedestrian outside of Rodriguez. They have alot to fix going into next year.

Last edited:
I would guess the average 7A school in the area has 5 or 6 players sign to play college ball each year, but the majority at most schools end with high school. My son played in 4A and there were 7 in his senior class (including him) who received offers - most at smaller colleges.
Similar here. Florida, Georgia, Texas, and Cali high school football is no joke.

Their overall system was better with Coen and they had a better team then.

He is going to have to earn his payday because their QB is average (NCST Transfer), o line was soft as hell, and their running game was pediatrician outside of Rodriguez. They have alot to fix going into next year.
It's a new VN-ism...but I like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back