Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the help! Officially and Orange member! That is something I have been meaning to do for sometime now. Reading about the meltdown with the Gator collective reminded me that I don't want anything like that ever happening to my Vols, so I should get involved! GBO!
Well done! I just emailed the Volunteer Club to see if they can create an "out of state" package for those of us that might be able to get to only 1 game a year, but want to support. Us Vols are everywhere and if there was an option for those with less access to live events, it might help. Stay tuned!

I’m here, what’s the update? Rashada? We’ve got a boatload of issues and he’s only one. It’ll make you all happy to know that my assessment of Florida football right now is seriously bleak. As in, pre-Spurrier bleakness. I have no idea if Rashada makes it to campus or not but I know the disorganization has to improve or we’ll be 6-6 forevermore.
Props Jaws. Although you should seriously consider changing your picture to McElwain humping the shark with your username. It's more historically accurate. If you keep the Gator picture please consider changing your user to Chompers or something idiotic like that.

Just want to say that it was a pleasure serving with the First Quarter Boiz for the last 2 seasons. Made some money with y'all boiz. Lost some too. But dammit if it wasn't fun.

I ended this year in the red, but I more than made up for it last year so my two year status is in the green. I’ll take that. Look forward to ending next year in the green again 🤙🏻

Edit: Should clarify, in the red overall. With just my 1Q bets I probably ended in the green.

Last edited:
Do you really deserve a national title if you cant even win your conference?

Not in any conference. But in the SEC, absolutely. Is a unique problem that will only get worse with the addition of Oklahoma and Texas.

The SEC will have a minimum of 2 and probably a maximum of 4 teams deserving of a playoff spot most years the way things are now, and especially after OK and UTjr join. Even with an expanded playoff there will be teams left out.

You basically have one super conference and then a handful of good teams that aren't in it.

So you would have had GA, Mich, KSU, Utah, Clemson. We were more deserving than at least 3 of those. Who would you have given the other 3 spots to? And what do you mean by "legit argument"? The committee and media change their definitions ad hoc on the regular.
Whoever is ranked higher, Ohio state Tennessee Bama if I remember correctly. No way anyone else beyond those 8 could make the case for being included. It's the same as the nfl, which no one complains about. Division winners and wild cards.

Edit this is regular season champs, just like the nfl. So TCU UGA Michigan USC (?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back