Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can always tell when someone doesn't know much about basketball or baseball.
Yep. They've still got Tshiebwe and a ton of 5 star talent. I'd have to think the hornets nest has been kicked. If there were ever a "trap game", this is it. I'm hoping their attitude is "screw it" and they roll over. Something tells me we'll get the opposite. We'd better jump on 'em early. If the game goes like the Vandy game in the first half, we might get caught.

After what he did to us this year? Knowing that capability is there and still seeing a lot of the same names in our secondary? Yup. I care.
I think the secondary was a lot more beat up than we realize. The secondary that played Clemson gave up yards but kept them in check when it mattered.

Alright I’ll start the day off with a major gripe of mine for a few years now. Mike Shanahan should be in the NFL HOF. Can’t write the story of the NFL without that guy and what he brought with dynamic running offense to the NFL and even what’s being used in todays game. That’s all. Do the right thing NFL. Put Mike in the HOF

I just think it's funny.......usc is out here pretending like Rattler gave up 2nd round draft status to come back.

For lol’s alone I would’ve loved for him to leave, based on how much they already have to replace. But Rattler himself doesn’t strike fear in me. That game last year was just an unexplainable anomaly.

I know we are long and atheletic at times. But other times we get slow. We lack a pure scorer or difference maker, diff folks can get hot and take over. But by and large we are going to play defense, and half court offense.

Any team can beat any team on any given day in these two sports.

PS, if Rick Barnes wasnt a defense first coach, how many SEC programs would have Uros getting sig minutes?
I've been amazed at our depth. I feel like in the early years of Barnes if your starting five wasn't on the court then you were up the creek.

As for Uros? Is he world class no, but he's developed into a significant piece of the team. His offense is light years from when he showed up.

Alright I’ll start the day off with a major gripe of mine for a few years now. Mike Shanahan should be in the NFL HOF. Can’t write the story of the NFL without that guy and what he brought with dynamic running offense to the NFL and even what’s being used in todays game. That’s all. Do the right thing NFL. Put Mike in the HOF

Agreed, only 5 seasons in his 27 year as a HC/OC did his team not finish in the top 15 in rushing yards for the season. Career 55% winning percentage, 170 total wins and 2 time super bowl champ. Of the 27 coaches in the hall right now only 7 have more career wins than Mike and only 10 have more super bowl wins.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I've been amazed at our depth. I feel like in the early years of Barnes if your starting five wasn't on the court then you were up the creek.

As for Uros? Is he world class no, but he's developed into a significant piece of the team. His offense is light years from when he showed up.

Anybody that cannot see Uros' improvement is not wanting to see it. He does everything better. The trick with him is keeping his focus and staying within his abilities. He handled Robbins on D yesterday when Aidoo couldn't and still had 11 points, 6 boards and only 1 PF in 15 minutes of play.

I agree on the depth. That is what you need to get through the season and ready for March. With less depth the starters play too many minutes getting there. You can fine tune and shorten the bench in tournament time.

I know we are long and atheletic at times. But other times we get slow. We lack a pure scorer or difference maker, diff folks can get hot and take over. But by and large we are going to play defense, and half court offense.

PS, if Rick Barnes wasnt a defense first coach, how many SEC programs would have Uros getting sig minutes?

Since I'm not sure what your definition of "sig minutes" is I'll just assume the question is how many other SEC programs would play him 14.3 mpg or more (which is what he's at now) and the answer is every single one of them. His production and per game totals are low because his minutes are low that's why the "per 40" is an important stat.

Uros' per 40 he'd be good for 15.5 ppg, 12.5 rpg, 3.0 apg, 2.1 spg, and a block a game.

for comparison Liam Robbins of Vandy would have 23.7 ppg, 10.9 rpg, 2.4 apg, 0.7 spg, and 5.3 bpg with his per 40 stats.

Any SEC team who's other paint presents includes only Toby Awaka, Jonas Aidoo, and ON.

Reactions: Jackcrevol
If Uros was as explosive/active as Awaka he'd be playing almost 30 minutes a night and have better stats than Oscar.

But our bigs are all solid players and yet none of them are fully complete players.

ON needs to be more consistent and stronger
Uros needs to be more athletic and play smarter for the entire game
Aidoo needs to get stronger and learn to play better defense against true bigs
Awaka needs more experience and to continue to develop his offensive game (he's just 19 so if he gets a little taller he'd be truly unstoppable imo)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back