Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't put much stock into the Coach Poll from August-December, and I'm not about to worry about it now.

If everyone agrees that it's some lowly staffer usually voting on the coaches' behalf, I don't think I can get upset.
I just think it’s a perfect example of personal bias.

Tillman’s deal must still be getting worked on.

giphy.gif

CAVPUT said:
We seem to have a history of "anomalies". QB like Rattler having a day, WR playing QB lighting us up, and even a backup QBs getting a coming out party. Getting a bit of a Bermuda triangle vibe sometimes.

The WR playing QB (Kentucky game for bowl eligibility) had nothing to do with the WR playing even decent QB. We lost 10-7 with an offense absolutely loaded with NFL talent. The mystifying aspect is how we could not score against a bad defense with a high flying offense .

i think there's still a lot of "gimmick" sentiment out there about this offense. plus we're the new kid back on the block, and i think there's just an inherent trust factor that Bama is awesome, so why not put them in the top 3? i think the love for Penn St is a reflection of what some think of the big 10 and Mich/OSU in general, which is weird considering how both their seasons ended. and PSU won the rose bowl, so for some that apparently still means a lot more than it should.

that's all cool.

just keep on winning, won't matter. Pitt, Florida, LSU, Bama, Clemson all know.
I would be willing to bet that a lot of the coaches (or more accurately, their personal assistants actually submitting the voting to the Coaches Poll) think that Bama lost in the SEC Championship Game to Georgia. That is how informed I think they are.

I know VN has always came through. My brother in law Paul Davis who is a Vietnam vet ended up with Covid the day after Christmas and he now has Covid pneumonia and over the course of the last 2 weeks his condition has gotten worse. He has been on a ventilator since he has been in the hospital and this morning I talked to my sister and his lungs are getting worse ,filling back up with fluid and his kidneys are shutting down. They are bringing in a infectious disease Dr to try to figure out why his tempterature is coming back up. She has already missed 2 weeks of work and used up her time at work. So anything you could give would really be appreciated but more than anything we could use your prayers. We know the outcome does not look good but God has the last word.Thank you

Paul's Medical Expenses, organized by Autumn Trussell

James Pearce signed with the vol club for the 2023 season
If anyone hasn’t yet please consider joining: Memberships - The Volunteer Club
If you have $5 a month that you can spare and think that is worth it to continue 11+ win seasons and continue the championship path that CJH and crew are on. We can’t do it without blue chip recruits, which requires large amounts of NIL money. I’m personally doing Checkerboard, which is $25 a month. About what I can consider financially responsible while supporting my family but reasonable for my love for the vols.

Yeah Bama still loaded as usually, but do they have a QB good enough to win with Bryce leaving? I don't think Ty Simpson will live up to his stars personally. When's the last time a HS QB from TN was truly a top level college player?
Randall Cobb, Bo Wallace.

Reactions: VolByLaw
Yeah Bama still loaded as usually, but do they have a QB good enough to win with Bryce leaving? I don't think Ty Simpson will live up to his stars personally. When's the last time a HS QB from TN was truly a top level college player?

Joe Gilliam Jr...............

Reactions: Orange.
I don't like Nick Saban, but once upon a time I at least respected him for his accomplishments in the game. This season changed that. Mostly because of how he made excuses for his player hitting a female on our field but voting Bama #2 is ridiculous as well. Old man just needs to retire before he tarnishes his reputation even further. I'm sure there are some clouds he could yell at.

I know VN has always came through. My brother in law Paul Davis who is a Vietnam vet ended up with Covid the day after Christmas and he now has Covid pneumonia and over the course of the last 2 weeks his condition has gotten worse. He has been on a ventilator since he has been in the hospital and this morning I talked to my sister and his lungs are getting worse ,filling back up with fluid and his kidneys are shutting down. They are bringing in a infectious disease Dr to try to figure out why his tempterature is coming back up. She has already missed 2 weeks of work and used up her time at work. So anything you could give would really be appreciated but more than anything we could use your prayers. We know the outcome does not look good but God has the last word.Thank you

Paul's Medical Expenses, organized by Autumn Trussell

Prayers for sure. Can probably help a little on the other side too.

Have no idea if this is true but Go spend more time with the wife Kirby! Go be a family man and enjoy your next 30 years relaxing with a drink on the beach.
Please. I'll help him clean out his office.
Also kind of speaks to what Atlanta said before he left, Kirby will be good but have the dogs cycling down quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back