Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lady Vols are benefitting from a very weak conference schedule. This offsets the difficult non-conference schedule played early season. They shouldn't lose a conference game not named South Carolina or LSU. We'll see how it plays out.

TAMU is arguably the worst team in the league. While it wasn't pretty, they did hammer out the win. SEC road games are not easily had so kudos to the Lady Vols.

I also think as a team the talent/players seem to play better without Key. She's a force and a great big, but the team seems built to be a faster pace up and down the court style of play and she was never that on either end.

Last edited:
Another idea would be to have an option to sign up and contribute to Spyre when the season ticket holder renews tickets. They could have option to do a one time donation, or option to sign up for monthly. Have a short synopsis of what Spyre is for and what it will help us do.

I really think they need to take advantage of point-of-sale donations (if that sort of thing is within the rules). UT has so many area business partners, and I think you could get a lot of people to chip in a buck or two on a decent size transaction.

Maybe give out a little pre-printed signed picture or something with each donation…and you could print membership information on the back.

I really think they need to take advantage of point-of-sale donations (if that sort of thing is within the rules). UT has so many area business partners, and I think you could get a lot of people to chip in a buck or two on a decent size transaction.

Maybe give out a little pre-printed signed picture or something with each donation…and you could print membership information on the back.

I like that idea, and EACH business partner gets their own unique signature to hand out so as fans you'd have an incentive to visit each location and donate to get all the pre-printed signed pictures.

First TN Banks has Coach Heupel or Barnes, Alumni Hall has Coach Tony V, that new lady vols store has Coach Harper...and then let the Spyre players pick where they want people to collect theirs from.

Spyre needs to leverage the ability to directly target Tennessee fans on Facebook through an ad campaign. It's super affordable and extremely effective if you nail the copy and graphic. The Tennessee 247 group has 35k members alone and I would bet there's over 200k people on Facebook who list "Tennessee Volunteers", "Tennessee Vols", "Tennessee Football", or some other combination under their Interests. That makes it super easy to target them with ads.

Spyre needs to leverage the ability to directly target Tennessee fans on Facebook through an ad campaign. It's super affordable and extremely effective if you nail the copy and graphic. The Tennessee 247 group has 35k members alone and I would bet there's over 200k people on Facebook who list "Tennessee Volunteers", "Tennessee Vols", "Tennessee Football", or some other combination under their Interests. That makes it super easy to target them with ads.
They have recently began advertising on Twitter. So Facebook is probably in the works.

Hell if Spyre just had some decals/stickers to advertise with. Send out 5 or so monthly to existing members getting pictures/merch and they can pass them along.

Just having the website on something like that is big, and members can slap 'em on their rear window too to help advertise.
They do. They are included when you join and any time you purchase something from them. I have several20221026_153553.jpg

I also think as a team the talent/players seem to play better without Key. She's a force and a great big, but the team seems built to be a faster pace up and down the court style of play and she was never that on either end.
kJH need to or hire another coach that teaches spacing and 3 point shooting….. move away from the pound the post girls.

Drop/add deadline at Florida
61C.gif

Exactly. The rest of the roster is built for transition and one on one match ups. Key slowed it all down. The team is better without her. They just need a better offensive system installed because the better teams will shut them down. Doubt we ever see one though. Which means Top 20 teams and bowing out before the FF.

Exactly. The rest of the roster is built for transition and one on one match ups. Key slowed it all down. The team is better without her. They just need a better offensive system installed because the better teams will shut them down. Doubt we ever see one though. Which means Top 20 teams and bowing out before the FF.

Either identify a few 3 pt shooters and space better like volbeast mentioned or they need to look at what Barnes does with the constant motion with cuts and high screen handoffs.

I mean I'll say this Horston is just a different level. She's going to be a special player in the WNBA. That sort of size and length but handles the ball better than anyone else on the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back