Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly. The rest of the roster is built for transition and one on one match ups. Key slowed it all down. The team is better without her. They just need a better offensive system installed because the better teams will shut them down. Doubt we ever see one though. Which means Top 20 teams and bowing out before the FF.
I've watched them intently trying to figure out what they're trying to do on offense and al I can come up with is throw it around the perimeter until someone tries to drive the ball. This is the most selfish team I've ever seen. They seldom pass on breaks. I think they will make the tournament but like you said, likely early exit.

We need as many fans of UT athletics as possible to jump into the boat with Spyre and donate what they can. This is the new normal - it's not going away. If necessary, eat one less bad fast food burger or taco a week or a month. Drink one less beer at a bar per week or month. Walk away from that big bag of chips at the grocery once a week or month. Instead, be a part of something that will make you feel better about your participation as a fan of the greatest athletic programs on the planet. Knowing your money is going to help these wonderful student athletes achieve their dreams as they give their all for Tennessee everyday as VFLs is special. Look at who their coaching staffs and admin leaders are. The kids are led the right way.

My physically delayed grandson has benefitted greatly from just a conversation with ZZ. He loved seeing ZZ play the game on TV. We sent him a photo of our grandson wearing his ZZ t-shirt through a VFL friend. A conversation was arranged by the friend and a mentor of ZZ's at UT. ZZ talked about the physical challenges his own young nephew faces. My grandson's parents later took him to a game and it sealed the deal so to speak. It has inspired our grandson to work hard in school and physically to get better. He watches and cheers for every Vol sport now, learning more about how to play the sports. He now plays basketball and is practicing hard on his own when he gets home from school because one young Vol took time out of his busy day to speak to him. Between successful chiropractic treatments and inspiration provided by ZZ, he's overcome everything to be a normal kid doing his thing.

You can bet your azz I'm going to support The Volunteer Club. I want everybody I know who loves the Vols to do the same if they can afford it. If not, it's OK, we need all of us pulling in the same direction. Consider it when you can better afford it. Thanks for reading, I'll climb down from the pulpit now.

Pair of Tennessee Edge Rushers Make SI99

"The final SI99 rankings have been released, and Tennessee has six signees on the list. The Volunteers are among the most well-represented groups, and their top players reflect where this program is going.

Recruiting premier edge rushers is the standard for a marquee program. While defensive ends are vital players to a strong defensive front, history tells us that most elite pass-rushers do their work off the edge.

Tennessee signed two excellent ones in the 2023 class. Chandavian Bradley and Caleb Herring were All-Americans and had already signed their letters of intent to play in Knoxville.

SI All-American was quite impressed with the two athletic specimens. Herring came in at No. 67, while Bradley was slotted at No. 83."

SI All-American Ranks Nico Iamaleava as Top 5 Prospect

"The Volunteers had six signees in the SI99, one of the highest marks in all college football. Iamaleava was accompanied by tight end Ethan Davis, wide receiver Nathan Leacock, defensive lineman Daevin Hobbs, edge rusher Caleb Herring, and edge rusher Chandavian Bradley"

Last edited:
Either identify a few 3 pt shooters and space better like volbeast mentioned or they need to look at what Barnes does with the constant motion with cuts and high screen handoffs.

I mean I'll say this Horston is just a different level. She's going to be a special player in the WNBA. That sort of size and length but handles the ball better than anyone else on the team.

Horston is a one woman show most of the time. I don't know what they'll do next year.

I wear my shirt anytime I go to a watch party with my group of friends.

Those have been fun this year sticking it to the one token gator friend. He is at the point of just hanging his head and excepting it.

Perhaps we all knew someone that was born in TN, raised around UT fans, but chose to root for the Gators in the Spurrier era to be contrarian, and has been a Gator since.

I wholeheartedly look forward to starting a streak against them.

Either identify a few 3 pt shooters and space better like volbeast mentioned or they need to look at what Barnes does with the constant motion with cuts and high screen handoffs.

I mean I'll say this Horston is just a different level. She's going to be a special player in the WNBA. That sort of size and length but handles the ball better than anyone else on the team.

Agree - and I like those suggestions. I would rather run the motion until/if the talent level improves to do the spacing and outside shots. The talent level in the women's game is not the greatest, so motion levels the playing field. Better execution of it gives better results long term IMO.

I've watched them intently trying to figure out what they're trying to do on offense and al I can come up with is throw it around the perimeter until someone tries to drive the ball. This is the most selfish team I've ever seen. They seldom pass on breaks. I think they will make the tournament but like you said, likely early exit.

She's had time to bring order to chaos. Chaos even works when it is a system, which this is not. They are a turnover machine against better teams. If they want to be more and restore Pat's legacy, DW needs to have that conversation that says, "Hire a proven offense coach with a real system even though that means you fire somebody else including your husband."

Maybe they have asked him to delay his announcement, but he is in the boat?

No idea. The person that told me it was going to be announced Wednesday evening told me it’s been done for a while, but since that didn’t happen, it’s made me wonder about the whole thing.

But everybody keeps hinting at it, so there must be something there.

We need as many fans of UT athletics as possible to jump into the boat with Spyre and donate what they can. This is the new normal - it's not going away. If necessary, eat one less bad fast food burger or taco a week or a month. Drink one less beer at a bar per week or month. Walk away from that big bag of chips at the grocery once a week or month. Instead, be a part of something that will make you feel better about your participation as a fan of the greatest athletic programs on the planet. Knowing your money is going to help these wonderful student athletes achieve their dreams as they give their all for Tennessee everyday as VFLs is special. Look at who their coaching staffs and admin leaders are. The kids are led the right way.

My physically delayed grandson has benefitted greatly from just a conversation with ZZ. He loved seeing ZZ play the game on TV. We sent him a photo of our grandson wearing his ZZ t-shirt through a VFL friend. A conversation was arranged by the friend and a mentor of ZZ's at UT. ZZ talked about the physical challenges his own young nephew faces. My grandson's parents later took him to a game and it sealed the deal so to speak. It has inspired our grandson to work hard in school and physically to get better. He watches and cheers for every Vol sport now, learning more about how to play the sports. He now plays basketball and is practicing hard on his own when he gets home from school because one young Vol took time out of his busy day to speak to him. Between successful chiropractic treatments and inspiration provided by ZZ, he's overcome everything to be a normal kid doing his thing.

You can bet your azz I'm going to support The Volunteer Club. I want everybody I know who loves the Vols to do the same if they can afford it. If not, it's OK, we need all of us pulling in the same direction. Consider it when you can better afford it. Thanks for reading, I'll climb down from the pulpit now.
I finally signed up this morning! Hesitated for a long time, but this is the way, and I thoroughly enjoyed winning 11 games this year!!! I want to keep winning and contend for a NC soon and often.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back