Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this is Tennessee, and, I'm a Tennessee fan. I grew up with expectations and got nut kicks, instead.

So, hope for the best plan for the worst.
So, let's just state things truthfully. You're a Tennessee fan, but you don't give a damn about the kids on Tennessee's team. You think he should stay in Knoxville for spring practice (serving no purpose whatsoever), thereby undermining his opportunity to actually contribute to or start for another team.

From the Athletic article today on Rashada:

Nov. 10: Rashada and the Gator Collective agree to terms on an NIL deal exceeding $13 million with Rojas and Grosso reportedly signing the contract. Such a massive pledge is thought to dramatically exceed the Gator Collective’s fundraising level, so the deal presumes assistance from Hathcock or other Gator Guard donors. After signing the contract, Rashada decommits from Miami and flips to Florida.

Dec. 7: Rojas sends a termination letter regarding the $13 million contract, according to a program source close to the situation. There are conflicting accounts about why the deal crumbled and who pledged to pay what. Multiple conversations ensue between donors and athletic department members, including Castro-Walker and Stricklin. Some within the administration are only now getting up to speed on what was promised — the program aiming to keep these third-party NIL dealings at arm’s length. Yet these conversations ultimately focus on finding contingencies for keeping the class’ highest-profile recruit in the fold.

I really think they need to take advantage of point-of-sale donations (if that sort of thing is within the rules). UT has so many area business partners, and I think you could get a lot of people to chip in a buck or two on a decent size transaction.

Maybe give out a little pre-printed signed picture or something with each donation…and you could print membership information on the back.
"Would you like to round up for Spyre?"

Must know where he’s going.
Anytime I hear something that's obvious as frick like this, I laugh thinking about John Bean and the General Manager of the old Tom Mcann Westtown. Its where he coined name 'Leroy Mercer,' from Maynardville.

The idea is he's calling demanding a new pair of boots because his current boots got a bit wet and folded up, 'looked like a damn dogs chewed on em.'

Anyway, when Manager asks John how they got wet, he replied 'Well, ***damn water o' course.'

Tyven is headed to USF.

I see some people are aiming high. This is not an attractive spot for QBs atm. We have our starter for next year and our starter of the future on our roster already. Doubtful anyone that's really good wants to come and sit on the bench. Might honestly be better off just rolling with Moore and Shuler.

So, let's just state things truthfully. You're a Tennessee fan, but you don't give a damn about the kids on Tennessee's team. You think he should stay in Knoxville for spring practice (serving no purpose whatsoever), thereby undermining his opportunity to actually contribute to or start for another team.
I give a damn about the MEN on Tennessees team, but I don't really give much of a crap about players for other teams except I don't wanna see them get hurt. For all we know, he will end up on a team we gave to beat at some point...that makes him the enemy.

I care, about the kids who want to be at Tennessee. Compensate them, feed them, all that. We hve a good QB who I think could help this team.

Yes, Id like him to stay. But I understand why he doesnt want to.

Indiana probably gave him a bag

I dont think they have any NIL money. He naturally has a lot of good friends on the IU football team growing up in Indy, and we obviously all know the story around his brother on the bball team.
A guy I work withs son is a walk-on at IU and played against Tayven in high school. He has been discussing the talk on the team and possibility of him coming back to IU since early in the season.

Reactions: VolsDoc81TX
I really think they need to take advantage of point-of-sale donations (if that sort of thing is within the rules). UT has so many area business partners, and I think you could get a lot of people to chip in a buck or two on a decent size transaction.

Maybe give out a little pre-printed signed picture or something with each donation…and you could print membership information on the back.
If they just used the round up method that a lot of places use with their point of sale systems to benefit charities, that probably alone would be a large sum of money in Neyland concessions stands. I know one restaurant that did it for St. Jude and it raised a good bit of money.

If I’m buying a beer and it’s $11.45 and I have the option to make it a flat $12 and that other .55 goes to Spyre.. that adds up quick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back