Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I care, about the kids who want to be at Tennessee. Compensate them, feed them, all that. We hve a good QB who I think could help this team.

Yes, Id like him to stay. But I understand why he doesnt want to.
I understand why he doesn't want to stay if he thinks there ain't no way he is beating out Nico. I always thought he was the kind of dude that would welcome the competition if he thought he had a good chance and at least give it a real try first.

3ad73c8a-40c9-4129-9a2f-5c08845d73c6_text.gif

Are the Colts' brass mentally challenged? Bless their hearts.
Lol, regardless of how bad Levis is, you're going to mortgage your future for a QB then immediately get rid of his best WR? How do you think your #1 overall QB pick is going to be successful if you get rid of his best weapon?

So we have Gaston Moore and Navy Shuler both here as Walk-Ons already. If a good fit isn't in the portal then I say put one or both on scholarship for '23 at least. Worry about a suitable backup for Nico in the '24 class.
Or if they're happy as walk-ons, let them stay walk-ons. We're already tight on scholarships.

Reactions: MoCo_Vol
From the Athletic article today on Rashada:

Nov. 10: Rashada and the Gator Collective agree to terms on an NIL deal exceeding $13 million with Rojas and Grosso reportedly signing the contract. Such a massive pledge is thought to dramatically exceed the Gator Collective’s fundraising level, so the deal presumes assistance from Hathcock or other Gator Guard donors. After signing the contract, Rashada decommits from Miami and flips to Florida.

Dec. 7: Rojas sends a termination letter regarding the $13 million contract, according to a program source close to the situation. There are conflicting accounts about why the deal crumbled and who pledged to pay what. Multiple conversations ensue between donors and athletic department members, including Castro-Walker and Stricklin. Some within the administration are only now getting up to speed on what was promised — the program aiming to keep these third-party NIL dealings at arm’s length. Yet these conversations ultimately focus on finding contingencies for keeping the class’ highest-profile recruit in the fold.
Read all that this morning… pretty damning accounting of the situation from outside the 247 vs ON3 camps.

I thought he might wait till after spring ball just to have more tape on him (practice footage since he missed most of the fall) and that might give him more options.

I wonder if he has a spot lined up. Indiana or Purdue might make sense. Could Louisville have interest? We will see. He will get some where fast I'm sure with school starting around the country.

As for Tennessee, they will look at qb's out there I'm sure, but landing a guy to come in and just be a depth guy is not going to be easy at all.
-Hubbs

Lol, regardless of how bad Levis is, you're going to mortgage your future for a QB then immediately get rid of his best WR? How do you think your #1 overall QB pick is going to be successful if you get rid of his best weapon?

We've already established they don't know what they're doing just by hearing they like Will Levis.

Reactions: jave36
I understand why he doesn't want to stay if he thinks there ain't no way he is beating out Nico. I always thought he was the kind of dude that would welcome the competition if he thought he had a good chance and at least give it a real try first.
Maybe bowl practices and room meetings equates to “a real try”?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back