Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or is smart enough to recognize the odds.
There are two ways this could have went..he does not believe in himself...or he is just pragmatic enough to say to himself "I am not in his class as a QB"

I will concede the point that the second is probably true, but I thought the dude thought he had what it took to win the job. That us the way he always sounded to me. I am.just surprised he gave up that quick.

The situation is not ideal..if Milton goes down, we are stuck with a rail thin kid starting that is going to get broke in half by some of the monsters we have to play...Nico is not physically ready to start in the SEC imo...5* or not.

There are two ways this could have went..he does not believe in himself...or he is just pragmatic enough to say to himself "I am not in his class as a QB"

I will concede the point that the second is probably true, but I thought the dude thought he had what it took to win the job. That us the way he always sounded to me. I am.just surprised he gave up that quick.

The situation is not ideal..if Milton goes down, we are stuck with a rail thin kid starting that is going to get broke in half by some of the monsters we have to play...Nico is not physically ready to start in the SEC imo...5* or not.
Tayven's 37 career passing yards and 1 rushing touchdown will be missed.

So he's realistic.

Honestly, I don't think he was ever going to be the starter. Best case scenario for him was being #2 next year as the staff works with Nico.
I disagree...I thought he had talent enough to compete for the job...what was the point of taking him to start with if he doesn't even have a chance to win the job?

I understand why he doesn't want to stay if he thinks there ain't no way he is beating out Nico. I always thought he was the kind of dude that would welcome the competition if he thought he had a good chance and at least give it a real try first.
I did as well. I think he was better than many gave him credit, those who annoint Nico as second coming of Payun

I’ll say this though: most teams these days don’t even have a serviceable backup anymore. Having three guys on your roster good enough to win games is a borderline fantasy, this day in age. We’ve just come back to the field, in that respect.

I disagree...I thought he had talent enough to compete for the job...what was the point of taking him to start with if he doesn't even have a chance to win the job?
Competing for the job and winning the job are two different things. Clearly, Tayven knows better than you what his chances are. He's transferring.

The point of taking him in the first place is that at the time UT took his commitment, you never really know who the team will land as commitments later. Also, maybe he develops far better and faster than originally thought.

I’ll say this though: most teams these days don’t even have a serviceable backup anymore. Having three guys on your roster good enough to win games is a borderline fantasy, this day in age. We’ve just come back to the field, in that respect.
I just believe he jumped the gun...but whatever.

At the time, we had no idea how the future would play out. That was well before we landed Nico. The staff had no real idea how things would pan out with Milton. He's not a bad QB. But he's not beating out Milton next year. It's doubtful he would beat out Nico after that. Do you disagree with either of the last two statements? If not, then you can see the writing clearly on the wall, just like he did. Kid wants to play and have a chance to start. It's most likely not happening here.

Competing for the job and winning the job are two different things. Clearly, Tayven knows better than you what his chances are. He's transferring.

The point of taking him in the first place is that at the time UT took his commitment, you never really know who the team will land as commitments later. Also, maybe he develops far better and faster than originally thought.
Ok

At the time, we had no idea how the future would play out. That was well before we landed Nico. The staff had no real idea how things would pan out with Milton. He's not a bad QB. But he's not beating out Milton next year. It's doubtful he would beat out Nico after that. Do you disagree with either of the last two statements? If not, then you can see the writing clearly on the wall, just like he did. Kid wants to play and have a chance to start. It's most likely not happening here.
I will not concede that he had no chance to beat out Nico. Nico has a lot promise, but all those shiny stars don't mean 💩 to me....I've seen so many 5* busts here it makes me wanna puke.

Tayven had promise to be really good also...in my opinion..and I'm not going to back down from that.

I will not concede that he had no chance to beat out Nico. Nico has a lot promise, but all those shiny stars don't mean 💩 to me....I've seen so many 5* busts here it makes me wanna puke.

Tayven had promise to be really good also...in my opinion..and I'm not going to back down from that.
Tayven himself disagrees with you, but you continue to think whatever helps you sleep at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back