Recruiting Forum Football Talk VI

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd look for Jackson to Indiana. I think he's got a brother that plays BB there.

As to getting another QB thus late... do you think you can get someone better than Moore or Shular? If so maybe you are. If not, maybe just ride with what you've got. I'd say it would be difficult to get someone better at this point.

Pair of Tennessee Edge Rushers Make SI99

"The final SI99 rankings have been released, and Tennessee has six signees on the list. The Volunteers are among the most well-represented groups, and their top players reflect where this program is going.

Recruiting premier edge rushers is the standard for a marquee program. While defensive ends are vital players to a strong defensive front, history tells us that most elite pass-rushers do their work off the edge.

Tennessee signed two excellent ones in the 2023 class. Chandavian Bradley and Caleb Herring were All-Americans and had already signed their letters of intent to play in Knoxville.

SI All-American was quite impressed with the two athletic specimens. Herring came in at No. 67, while Bradley was slotted at No. 83."

SI All-American Ranks Nico Iamaleava as Top 5 Prospect

"The Volunteers had six signees in the SI99, one of the highest marks in all college football. Iamaleava was accompanied by tight end Ethan Davis, wide receiver Nathan Leacock, defensive lineman Daevin Hobbs, edge rusher Caleb Herring, and edge rusher Chandavian Bradley"
200w.gif

Reactions: KptVFL
[QUOTE="Ulysees E. McGill, post: 22321110, member: 24559"]I will not concede that he had no chance to beat out Nico. Nico has a lot promise, but all those shiny stars don't mean 💩 to me....I've seen so many 5* busts here it makes me wanna puke.

Tayven had promise to be really good also...in my opinion..and I'm not going to back down from that.[/QUOTE]
You might not concede, but Jackson did and I’ll take his opinion over yours

Reactions: Rizzo924
Well we got to watch him play in the spring game and in garbage time and he looked like he knew what he was doing. Had a nice 17 yard pass against Ball State. Not a bad arm.

I cannot remember how did when he played this year. I need to go back and watch that Ball St game. He may have played in the Akron game as well. I'll go rewatch in a view.

There are two ways this could have went..he does not believe in himself...or he is just pragmatic enough to say to himself "I am not in his class as a QB"

I will concede the point that the second is probably true, but I thought the dude thought he had what it took to win the job. That us the way he always sounded to me. I am.just surprised he gave up that quick.

The situation is not ideal..if Milton goes down, we are stuck with a rail thin kid starting that is going to get broke in half by some of the monsters we have to play...Nico is not physically ready to start in the SEC imo...5* or not.
And, just looking, you would say the exact same thing about Bryce Young...right now.

Also, it has been stated over and over, Nico is way bigger up close, very put together. Does he need to add some weight? Of course! Far from "rail thin", however.

I will agree though, situation is not ideal.

Yep. As someone already posted most teams that have to go to number 2 are in for a long year and hardly anyone has a number 3 that’s going to be good.

Haha very true. You can tell it's the offseason. I'm leading the band worrying about our 3rd string QB LOL.

Damn we had an awesome season!

Moore will be going into his 4th year with Heupel. I don’t think there’s a massive advantage between Jackson or Moore, at this point in Jackson’s career.

That's fair enough. And like someone just said, why the hell am I so worked up over our 3rd string QB? Lol.

These next couple of months is going to be torture.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back